Cleveland Guardians (66-71) vs Minnesota Twins (71-66)
2023-09-05 18:10:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Cleveland Guardians -115 / Minnesota Twins +105 --- Over/Under: 9.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Minnesota Twins and the Cleveland Guardians meet Tuesday in MLB action from Progressive Field. This will be the second installment in a three-game series. In the Monday opener, the Twins posted a crazy blowout victory. Check back all season long for free MLB picks at Sports Chat Place.
The Twins faced off against the Rangers over the weekend, winning two of three games. On Sunday in a 6-5 defeat, Minnesota’s Royce Lewis provided three hits, two runs, a homer and four RBI. On Monday versus Cleveland, Minnesota scored five runs in both the second and seventh innings on the way to a 20-6 win. Lewis kept it going with six RBI, while both Kyle Farmer and Matt Wallner had three RBI apiece.
In the starter role for Tuesday’s game, the Twins are sending out Sonny Gray. This year in his 27 starts Gray is 7-6 with a 2.92 ERA and 156 Ks in 157.0 innings. Gray is 3-2 with a 2.36 ERA in his last seven starts.
Minnesota Twins Team Facts
- The Twins have lost five of their last six games at Progressive Field following a win.
- The road team has covered the run line in each of the Twins’ last six games.
- The ‘Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the Twins’ last three games.
Over on the Guardians’ side, they played the Rays in their last set and won two of three games as well. Cleveland lost 6-2 Sunday however, despite RBI from both Josh Naylor and Ramon Laureano. On Monday the Guardians had 13 hits in the defeat. Tyler Freeman posted a solo homer and Will Brennan had three hits with an RBI and a run.
It’ll be Tanner Bibee in the starter role for the Guardians in game two. Bibee is 10-3 with a 3.03 ERA in 22 starts so far this year. Bibee is 4-1 with a 3.02 ERA over his last seven starts, posting 40 Ks in 41.2 innings.
Cleveland Guardians Team Facts
- The Guardians have lost six of their last seven home games against AL Central opponents.
- The road team has covered the run line in seven of the last eight games between the Twins and Guardians.
- The Guardians have lost the first inning in each of their last three home games against AL Central opponents.
- The Guardians have trailed after 3 innings in each of their last three home games against AL Central opponents.
- The Guardians have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five home games against AL Central opponents.
- The Cleveland Guardians ranks 30th in the league for home runs this season (105).
- The Cleveland Guardians ranks 2nd in the league for strikeouts against this season (984).
- The Minnesota Twins ranks 30th in the league for strikeouts against this season (1416).
- The Minnesota Twins ranks 1st in the league for strikeouts this season (1294).
ANDREW’S FREE PICK
I’ll take a stab on the Guardians here. Bibee is pitching fairly well over his last three games despite going just 1-1 in that time. During that trio Bibee has posted seven earned runs in 16.0 total frames on 15 hits and five walks. As for Gray, he’s pitching quite well himself with just one earned run in 14.0 innings over his last two starts. On Monday Cleveland fell behind 9-1 after just three innings and couldn’t do much from there. It’s going to take a big effort to bounce back from such a rough outing but I think Cleveland can do it.