The Houston Astros (85-47) face the Los Angeles Angels (57-75) at Angel Stadium of Anaheim on Saturday at 9:07pm (ET). Let's take a look at the MLB Prop Bets for the matchup. Luis Garcia is the probable pitcher for the Astros, while Shohei Ohtani is the probable pitcher for the Angels. The Astros opened as favorites but this has since changed, with the Angels coming into -125 and Astros drifting to +105. The total runs line is set at 8.0, with OVER at -106 and UNDER at -115.
- The Astros (+175) have a 71-61 Run Line record this season, while the Angels (-205) hold a record of 62-70.
- The Astros have a 50-78-4 O/U record this season (meaning 50 games have gone over the total runs line, 78 have gone under and four have resulted in a push). The Angels have a 55-67-10 O/U record.
- The Astros are averaging 4.5 runs per game this season (10th in the league). Comparatively, the Angels are averaging only 3.8 (25th).
- In the field, the Astros are allowing only 3.3 runs per game this season (2nd in the league), while the Angels are allowing an average of 4.2 runs (14th).
Let's take a look at how these teams perform in some other key statistical areas.
- Looking at their batting averages this season, the Astros are at .246 (ranking 13th in the Major leagues), while the Angels are batting .228 (28th).
- In terms of total home runs this season, the Angels have hit 151 (12th in the Major Leagues). Meanwhile, the Astros have managed 172 (4th).
Runs Batted In
- Finally, looking at their runs batted in, the Astros have recorded 581 RBIs to rank T8th in the MLB this season. Comparatively, the Angels have recorded 481 RBIs to rank 25th.
Earned Run Average
- The Angels have an earned run average of 3.79 this season (11th in the Majors), while The Astros have an ERA of 3.02 (2nd).
- Turning our attention to total strikeouts, the Astros have recorded 1195 this season, ranking 4th in the MLB. Meanwhile, the Angels rank T15th for total strikeouts, recording 1124.
Opponent Batting Average
- Opponents are batting an average of .231 against the Angels this season (5th in the Major Leagues). Comparatively, the Astros' opponents are at .215 (2nd).
First Innings Moneyline
- Here are their first innings moneyline records in 2022.
Lead After Three Innings
- Here are their records after the first three innings in 2022.
- The NRFI is 67-65 in Astros games this season. The Angels have a 68-64 NRFI record.
Last Time They Met
The Astros recorded a 4-2 victory over the Angels at Angel Stadium of Anaheim yesterday. Jose Altuve led the way to that victory, hitting a home run.