NBA Picks

OKC Thunder vs Timberwolves Analysis, Odds 10/19/2022 NBA Prop Bets

Minnesota Timberwolves vs Oklahoma City Thunder
October 19, 2022 8:00 pm EDT

The Oklahoma City Thunder (0-0) face the Minnesota Timberwolves (0-0) at Target Center in Minneapolis. Let’s take a look at the NBA Prop Bets for Wednesday’s matchup. The Timberwolves are favored to win at -530, currently marked as 10.5-point favorites, while the Thunder are at +420.

The total points line is set at 229.0, with OVER at -110 and UNDER at -110, meaning the implied expected score for the game is 120-109 Minnesota.

  • The Thunder (-110) had a 47-30-5 ATS record last season, while the Timberwolves (-110) held a record of 47-41-1.
  • The Thunder had a 40-41-1 O/U record last season (meaning 40 games went over the total points line, 41 went under and one resulted in a push). The Timberwolves had a 52-37-0 O/U record last season.

Scoring Insights

  • The Thunder scored 103.7 points per game last season (30th in the league). Comparatively, the Timberwolves averaged +12.2 more at 115.9 points (1st).
  • Defensively, the Thunder allowed 111.8 points per game last season (15th in the league), while the Timberwolves gave up an average of 113.3 points (24th).

What do the stats tell us about how Thunder and the Wolves performed last season?

Field Goal Split

  • Looking at field goal splits, 42.0% of the Thunder’s field goal attempts came from three point range (7th in the league), leaving 58.0% from two. Meanwhile, the Timberwolves’ opponents recorded 42.7% of their attempts from three (26th) and 57.3% from two.
  • Comparatively, Minnesota took 45.4% of shots from three (1st), leaving 54.6% from two, while Oklahoma City’s opponents attempted a similarly high 42.7% from three (29th) and 57.3% from two.

Beyond the Arc

  • In terms of made three-pointers, the Thunder shot 32.3% from deep last season (30th in the NBA), compared to the Timberwolves who made 35.8% of their attempts (12th).
  • On the opposite end, Oklahoma City held opponents to 35.3% of their three-point attempts (15th), while Minnesota’s opponents hit 35.0% of their shots (12th).

Ball Protection

  • The Thunder committed 13.3 turnovers per game last season, ranking 19th in the league, while the Timberwolves forced 15.5 turnovers (1st).
  • Flipping that script, Oklahoma City forced 12.7 turnovers (17th), while Minnesota committed 13.7 (24th).

Crashing the Boards

  • Oklahoma City recorded 45.6 rebounds per game last season (6th in the league), including 10.4 offensive boards (T12th). Conversely, Minnesota’s opponents averaged 45.9 rebounds (23rd), 11.0 of which came on the offensive end (24th).
  • Meanwhile, the Timberwolves averaged 44.2 rebounds (16th) and 11.2 offensive rebounds (6th), while the Thunder allowed 48.4 and 11.0, ranking 30th and 25th.

First Quarter Winner

Here are their first quarter records in 2021/22.

  • Total Home Road Favorite Underdog
  • Oklahoma City 26-54-2 17-24-0 9-30-2 3-0-0 23-54-2
  • Minnesota 52-32-5 29-16-0 23-16-5 30-15-1 22-17-4

First Half Winner

Here are their first half records in 2021/22.

  • Total Home Road Favorite Underdog Last 10
  • Oklahoma City 19-60-3 12-27-2 7-33-1 2-1-0 17-59-3
  • Minnesota 50-39-0 27-18-0 23-21-0 32-14-0 18-25-0

HT/FT

  • The Thunder completed the HT/FT double in 11.0% of games last season, while the Timberwolves completed the HT/FT double in 41.6% of games.

To Go To Overtime

  • The Thunder played in five games that went to overtime last season, while the Timberwolves appeared in three.

Both Teams 110+

  • Both teams scored 110+ points in 19 of Oklahoma City’s 82 games last season. Meanwhile, 38 of Minnesota’s 89 games saw both squads reach that number.

Last Time They Met

Minnesota recorded a 132-102 blowout victory against Oklahoma City at Target Center when these teams last met on March 9, 2022. Despite being on the losing side, Aaron Wiggins was influential on that day, recording 25 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists. The Timberwolves have now won four straight against the Thunder.


Related Articles

Back to top button