NBA Picks

Wizards vs Pacers Analysis, Odds 10/19/2022 NBA Prop Bets

Indiana Pacers vs Washington Wizards
October 19, 2022 7:00 pm EDT

The Washington Wizards (0-0) face the Indiana Pacers (0-0) at Gainbridge Fieldhouse. Let’s take a look at the NBA Prop Bets for Wednesday’s matchup. The Wizards are favored to win at -130, currently marked as 2.0-point favorites, while the Pacers are at +110.

The total points line is set at 227.0, with OVER at -110 and UNDER at -110, meaning the implied expected score for the game is 114-112 Washington.

  • The Wizards (-110) had a 32-48-2 ATS record last season, while the Pacers (-110) held a record of 36-42-4.
  • The Wizards had a 44-37-1 O/U record last season (meaning 44 games went over the total points line, 37 went under and one resulted in a push). The Pacers had a 46-35-1 O/U record last season.

Scoring Insights

  • The Wizards scored 108.6 points per game last season (22nd in the league). Comparatively, the Pacers averaged 111.5 (14th).
  • Defensively, the Wizards allowed 112.0 points per game last season (T16th in the league), while the Pacers gave up an average of 114.9 points (26th).

Game Style: What do the stats tell us about the style of basketball these teams played last season?

Field Goal Split

  • Looking at field goal splits, just 35.6% of the Wizards’ field goal attempts came from three point range (29th in the league), leaving 64.4% from two. Meanwhile, the Pacers’ opponents recorded only 36.7% of their attempts from three (4th) and 63.3% from two.
  • Comparatively, Indiana took 39.5% of shots from three (15th), leaving 60.5% from two, while Washington’s opponents attempted 35.8% from three (1st) and 64.2% from two.

Three Pointers

  • In terms of made three-pointers, the Wizards shot 34.2% from deep last season (26th in the NBA), compared to the Pacers who made 34.4% of their attempts (25th).
  • On the opposite end, Washington held opponents to 36.1% of their three-point attempts (21st), while Indiana’s opponents hit 37.2% of their shots (30th).

Ball Protection

  • The Wizards committed 12.6 turnovers per game last season, ranking 10th in the league, while the Pacers forced 12.5 turnovers (22nd).
  • Flipping that script, Washington forced 11.3 turnovers (30th), while Indiana committed 13.6 (22nd).

Crashing the Boards

  • Washington recorded 43.1 rebounds per game last season (23rd in the league), including 9.0 offensive boards (28th). Conversely, Indiana’s opponents averaged 43.1 rebounds (8th), 10.2 of which came on the offensive end (12th).
  • Meanwhile, the Pacers averaged 43.9 rebounds (21st) and 11.3 offensive rebounds (5th), while the Wizards allowed 44.2 and 10.2, ranking 18th and 15th.

First Quarter Winner

Here are their first quarter records in 2021/22.

  • Total Home Road Favorite Underdog
  • Washington 36-40-6 22-16-3 14-24-3 14-12-4 22-28-2
  • Indiana 34-44-4 21-18-2 13-26-2 14-16-2 20-28-2

First Half Winner

Here are their first half records in 2021/22.

  • Total Home Road Favorite Underdog
  • Washington 29-51-2 14-25-2 15-26-0 12-17-1 17-34-1
  • Indiana 35-43-4 23-17-1 12-26-3 17-13-2 18-30-2

HT/FT

  • The Wizards completed the HT/FT double in 22.0% of games last season, while the Pacers completed the HT/FT double in 25.6% of games.

To Go To Overtime

  • The Wizards played in four games that went to overtime last season, while the Pacers appeared in eight.

Both Teams 110+

  • Both teams scored 110+ points in 29 of Washington’s 82 games last season. Meanwhile, 36 of Indiana’s 82 games saw both squads reach that number.

Last Time These Teams Met

Washington recorded a 133-123 victory over Indiana at Capital One Arena when these teams last met on March 6, 2022. Kyle Kuzma was prominent on that day, recording 23 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists and 2 blocks. The Wizards have now won five straight at Capital One Arena against the Pacers.


Related Articles

Back to top button