Brooklyn Nets (11-9) vs Washington Wizards (3-17)
2023-12-08 19:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Brooklyn Nets -9 -- Over/Under: 237.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Washington Wizards look to snap a 3-game losing streak. The Brooklyn Nets look to stay hot after winning 5 of their last 6 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Washington Wizards vs Brooklyn Nets prediction.
Washington Wizards Betting Preview
The Washington Wizards are coming off losses to the Magic and 76ers. The Washington Wizards are averaging 117.3 points on 48.7 percent shooting and allowing 125.4 points on 50.4 percent shooting. Kyle Kuzma is averaging 23.2 points and 5.9 rebounds, while Jordan Poole is averaging 17.5 points and 3.4 assists. Deni Avdija is the third double-digit scorer, and Tyus Jones is grabbing 2.8 rebounds. The Washington Wizards are shooting 35.7 percent from beyond the arc and 78.9 percent from the free throw line. The Washington Wizards are allowing 36.7 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 38.7 rebounds per game.
Washington Wizards Team Facts
- The Wizards have lost each of their last nine night games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Wizards have covered the spread in each of their last five road games following a loss.
- Each of the Wizards’ last four night games at Barclays Center following a home loss have gone OVER the total points line.
Brooklyn Nets Betting Preview
The Brooklyn Nets recently beat the Magic and the Hawks. The Brooklyn Nets are averaging 116.6 points on 47.3 percent shooting and allowing 114 points on 45.1 percent shooting. Cam Thomas is averaging 24.3 points and 3.6 rebounds, while Mikal Bridges is averaging 23.3 points and 6.2 rebounds. Cameron Johnson is the third double-digit scorer, and Lonnie Walker IV is dishing 1.6 assists. The Brooklyn Nets are shooting 39.1 percent from beyond the arc and 76.8 percent from the free throw line. The Brooklyn Nets are allowing 35.9 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 48 rebounds per game.
Brooklyn Nets Team Facts
- The Nets have won 13 of their last 14 home games against Southeast Division opponents.
- The Nets have covered the spread in nine of their last 10 games against Eastern Conference opponents that held a losing record.
- Four of the Nets’ last five games against the Wizards following a road win have gone OVER the total points line.
Washington Wizards vs Brooklyn Nets prediction
The Washington Wizards have had success against the number lately, with covers in 5 of their last 7 games, but they’re still a team I’m not eager to back. The Wizards don’t play defense, and they don’t play with a sense of urgency most nights. The Brooklyn Nets have won 5 straight games against the Wizards and are 4-0-1 ATS in those games. The Nets are also 15-4-1 ATS on the season. The Nets are one of the top moneymakers in the NBA so far. I’ll lay the chalk with the Nets at home.