Philadelphia 76ers (13-7) vs Atlanta Hawks (9-11)
2023-12-08 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Philadelphia 76ers -8 -- Over/Under: 241
(Get latest betting odds)
The Atlanta Hawks need a win after losing 4 of their last 5 games. The Philadelphia 76ers look for a win after splitting their last 10 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Boston Celtics vs Philadelphia 76ers prediction.
Atlanta Hawks Betting Preview
The Atlanta Hawks have losses to the Bucks, Cavs, Celtics and Nets during this losing stretch. The Atlanta Hawks are averaging 122.7 points on 47.1 percent shooting and allowing 122.4 points on 49.9 percent shooting. Trae Young is averaging 27.2 points and 2.8 rebounds, while Dejounte Murray is averaging 20 points and 4.4 rebounds. Bogdan Bogdanovic is the third double-digit scorer, and De’Andre Hunter is grabbing 4.1 rebounds. The Atlanta Hawks are shooting 37 percent from beyond the arc and 83.1 percent from the free throw line. The Atlanta Hawks are allowing 37.6 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 44.5 rebounds per game.
Atlanta Hawks Team Facts
- The Hawks have lost each of their last six games against Eastern Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- The Hawks have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games against Eastern Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- Each of the Hawks’ last four games at Wells Fargo Center following a home loss have gone UNDER the total points line.
Philadelphia 76ers Betting Preview
The Philadelphia 76ers just beat the Wizards on Wednesday to rebound from losses to the Pelicans and Celtics. The Philadelphia 76ers are averaging 120.7 points on 47.7 percent shooting and allowing 113.8 points on 47.2 percent shooting. Joel Embiid is averaging 33.1 points and 6.6 assists, while Tyrese Maxey is averaging 26.9 points and 4.4 rebounds. Tobias Harris is the third double-digit scorer and Kelly Oubre Jr. is grabbing 4.9 rebounds. The Philadelphia 76ers are shooting 37.4 percent from beyond the arc and 85.1 percent from the free throw line. The Philadelphia 76ers are allowing 36.2 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 45 rebounds per game.
Philadelphia 76ers Team Facts
- The 76ers have won each of their last eight games against teams that held a losing record.
- The 76ers have covered the spread in each of their last five home games against teams that held a losing record.
- Each of the 76ers’ last eight Friday games at Wells Fargo Center have gone OVER the total points line.
Boston Celtics vs Philadelphia 76ers prediction
The Philadelphia 76ers have been the far and away more consistent team this season, and they’re 13-7 ATS on the year. The Atlanta Hawks are hit or miss from night to night, and it doesn’t help that they’re 5-15 ATS on the season. The 76ers have won and covered each of the last 4 games against the Hawks. Trae Young is also questionable with an illness, so it’s worth keeping an eye on. Give me the 76ers in a comfortable home victory.