Dallas Mavericks (11-7) vs Oklahoma City Thunder (12-6)
2023-12-02 21:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Dallas Mavericks +3.5 -- Over/Under: 232.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Oklahoma City Thunder travel to the American Airlines Center to battle the Dallas Mavericks on Saturday night. Here’s a Thunder vs Mavericks prediction.
Oklahoma City Thunder
The Oklahoma City Thunder have been in great form as they’ve won seven of their last nine games overall and they will be eager to keep it going after blowing past the Lakers in a 133-110 home win on Thursday. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander led the way with 33 points and seven assists on 11 of 18 shooting, Jalen Williams added 21 points with seven assists on eight of 13 shooting while Chet Holmgren chipped in with 18 points. As a team, the Thunder shot 53 percent from the field and 14 of 42 from the 3-point line as they exploded for 42 points in the second quarter to take control of the contest, before they made another run in the third quarter to push the lead to 20 points and put the game to bed early.
Oklahoma City Thunder Team Facts
- The Thunder have lost each of their last eight road games against opponents who are on the second leg of a back-to-back.
- The Thunder have covered the spread in each of their last eight games as favorites when playing with a rest advantage.
- Seven of the Thunder’s last eight games against Southwest Division opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Dallas Mavericks have been in a rut as they’ve lost four of their last six games overall, but they will be hoping to bounce back after getting routed by the lowly Grizzlies in a 108-94 loss last night. Grant Williams and Derrick Jones Jr led the team in scoring wiht 16 points each while Josh Green and Kyrie Irving scored 10 points each. As a team, the Mavericks shot just 37 percent from the field and 12 of 39 from the 3-point line as they struggled to find their offense right from the start, scoring just 20 points in the first quarter to fall behind early and they just never threatened as they got next no nothing from their starters. Kyrie Irving failed to pick up the slack in the absence of Luka Doncic as he shot just three of 15 from the field and zero of five from the 3-point line.
Dallas Mavericks Team Facts
- The Mavericks have lost each of their last seven games on the second leg of a back-to-back against the Thunder.
- The Mavericks have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games on the second leg of a back-to-back against the Thunder.
- Seven of the Mavericks’ last eight games as home underdogs following a home loss have gone UNDER the total points line.
Thunder vs Mavericks Prediction
The Mavericks are going to be shorthanded once again with Luka Doncic and Tim Hardaway Jr both out, while the Thunder are coming into this one with the same squad. The Thunder have quietly been one of the hottest teams in the league and they are coming into this one fresh off a dominant win over the Lakers, while the Mavericks have been struggling lately and they aren’t nearly as dangerous with Doncic out for personal reasons. Check the lineups before tipoff, but if Doncic is still out, I’d be all over the Thunder at the short line in this spot.