Los Angeles Lakers (11-9) vs Houston Rockets (8-8)
2023-12-02 22:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Los Angeles Lakers -5.5 -- Over/Under: 221.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Los Angeles Lakers play host to the Houston Rockets at the Crypto.com Arena on Saturday night. Here’s a Rockets vs Lakers prediction.
The Houston Rockets have been in a slump as they’ve lost five of their last seven games overall and they will be hoping to avoid a third straight defeat after getting beaten by the Nuggets in a 134-124 road loss on Wednesday. Jalen Green led the team with 26 points, six rebounds and nine assists, Alperen Sengun added 22 points with seven rebounds and four assists while Jabari Smith Jr. chipped in with 15 points. As a team, the Rockets shot 54 percent from the field and 16 of 41 from the 3-point line, but they were just never in the contest in this one after allowing the Nuggets to explode for 41 points in the first quarter. The Rockets trailed in this one by as many as 19 points before they made a late run to keep the final scores respectable.
Houston Rockets Team Facts
- The Rockets have lost each of their last 16 road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Rockets have covered the spread in each of their last six games against Pacific Division opponents.
- Five of the Rockets’ last six games against the Lakers following a road loss have gone OVER the total points line.
Los Angeles Lakers
Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Lakers have been in decent shape as they’ve won eight of their last 12 games overall and they will be hoping to bounce back after getting thrashed by the Thunder in a 133-110 road loss on Thursday. Anthony Davis led the team with 31 points and 14 rebounds on 11 of 18 shooting, LeBron James added 21 points with 12 rebounds and six assists while D’Angelo Russell tallied 16 points with 10 assists. As a team, the Lakers shot 44 percent from the field and 11 of 33 from the 3-point line as they set the tone with 37 points in the first quarter to take an early 14-point lead, but it didn’t last long at all as the Thunder were always in control after responding with 42 points in the second quarter.
Los Angeles Lakers Team Facts
- The Lakers have won seven of their last eight games at Crypto.com Arena following a road loss.
- The Lakers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games at Crypto.com Arena when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- Each of the Lakers’ last four games have gone OVER the total points line.
Rockets vs Lakers Prediction
The Lakers could be shorthanded here with LeBron James listed as questionable once again, but he’s had a questionable status for just about every game this season, so check the lineups before tipoff. The Rockets look to have cooled off from their hot start to the season, but they were able to push the Lakers in their last encounter and I think we could be in for another game that is closer than it should be. I like the Lakers to get the win behind a big game from Davis, but my guess is that the Rockets keep it close and get the cover in the end.