The Los Angeles Lakers play host to the Utah Jazz at the Crypto.com Arena on Tuesday night. Here you can check out our Lakers vs Jazz Prediction.
The Utah Jazz have been in terrible form as they've lost six of their past eight games, including to the Magic and Pacers, and they will be hoping to bounce back after coming up painfully short to the Suns in a 140-137 double overtime loss on Sunday. Lauri Markkanen led the team with 38 points and 17 rebounds, Talen Horton-Tucker added 25 points off the bench while Jordan Clarkson chipped in with 22 points, seven rebounds and five assists. As a team, the Jazz shot 41 percent from the field and 15 of 46 from the 3-point line as they tied the scores at the end of regulation and the first overtime, only to come up short in the second overtime as they had no answer for the Suns' Kevin Durant.
Utah Jazz Team Facts
- The Jazz have lost each of their last 17 road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Jazz have covered the spread in each of their last nine road games against Western Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- Each of the Jazz's last seven games against Pacific Division opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Los Angeles Lakers
Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Lakers have been in great shape as they've won five of their last six games overall. In that five-win span, the Lakers defeated the likes of the Trail Blazers and Suns. They will be aiming for a third straight victory after sneaking past the Rockets in a 105-104 home win on Sunday. LeBron James led the team with 37 points, six rebounds and eight assists on 14 of 19 shooting, Anthony Davis added 27 points with 10 rebounds on 11 of 15 shooting while Austin Reaves chipped in with 17 points and six assists off the bench. As a team, the Lakers shot 47 percent from the field and six of 29 from the 3-point line as they wasted a late eight-point lead, before they escaped by the smallest margin thanks to James who made the game-winning free throw with just 1.9 seconds left on the clock.
Los Angeles Lakers Team Facts
- The Lakers have won each of their last seven games against Western Conference opponents that held a losing record.
- The Lakers have failed to cover the spread in nine of their last 10 games against opponents who are on the first leg of a back-to-back.
- Eight of the Lakers' last nine home games against opponents who are on the first leg of a back-to-back have gone UNDER the total points line.
The Jazz are still shorthanded with Walker Kessley still missing, while the Lakers are keeping an eye on LeBron James who is currently listed as questionable for this one. The Jazz showed signs of life against the Suns in their last outing, but they are still one of the coldest teams in the league at the moment and they're going to find it tough against the Lakers if James is able to suit up. Be sure to check the lineups before tipoff, but assuming that James plays, I'll side with the Lakers to maintain their momentum with another win and cover at home.