The Portland Trail Blazers and the Phoenix Suns duke it out at the Footprint Center on Tuesday night. Here you can get the Suns vs Trail Blazers Prediction.
Portland Trail Blazers
The Portland Trail Blazers have been in a real slump as they will be hoping to put an end to a seven-game slide after getting thrashed by the Thunder in a 134-91 loss on Sunday. Over that losing span, they lost to the Lakers twice, the Jazz, and the Cavaliers. Jerami Grant led the team with 14 points, Jabari Walker added 13 points while DeAndre Ayton chipped in with 11 points. As a team, the Trail Blazers shot just 40 percent from the field and nine of 34 from the 3-point line but they were just never in the contest after getting outscored by 76-43 in a nightmare of a first half. The Trail Blazers have struggled on the defensive end all season and it was on full display in this one as they allowed the Thunder to shoot just over 60 percent from the field for the game.
Portland Trail Blazers Team Facts
- The Trail Blazers have lost each of their last 14 games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Trail Blazers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last eight night games against Pacific Division opponents that held a winning record.
- Each of the Trail Blazers' last four road games against Pacific Division opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Meanwhile, the Phoenix Suns have been in great form as they've won five of their last seven games overall and they will be eager to build on their three-game win streak after outlasting the Jazz in a thrilling 140-137 double overtime win on Sunday. Kevin Durant led the team with 39 points, eight rebounds and 10 assists on 14 of 27 shooting, Devin Booker added 26 points and eight assists while Eric Gordon chipped in with 20 points and six assists. As a team, the Suns shot 49 percent from the field and 18 of 45 from the 3-point line as they failed to put away the Jazz in regulation and overtime, before they finally pulled away in the second overtime.
Phoenix Suns Team Facts
- The Suns have won each of their last eight home games against Northwest Division opponents that held a losing record.
- The Suns have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight night games.
- Each of the Suns' last six games following an overtime win have gone OVER the total points line.
The Trail Blazers are still shorthanded as they are again missing Scoot Henderson and Anfernee Simons, while the Suns are still missing Bradley Beal and Yuta Watanabe. The Trail Blazers are now one of the coldest teams in the league and they just lost to the Thunder by 43 points, so I will happily go with the red-hot Suns to take care of business at home. The line is very hefty in this one, but this is one of those situations where I'd either go with the Suns, or pass this game altogether.