The Washington Commanders and the Dallas Cowboys meet Thursday in NFL action from AT&T Stadium. Washington comes into this matchup at 4-7 overall. The Commanders lost to the Giants in their last matchup. As for Dallas, they’re sitting at 7-3 on the season following a blowout win over Carolina on Sunday. Check out our Commanders vs Cowboys Prediction.
It’s been a rough ride for Washington this year. The Commanders are averaging just 21.5 points per game while giving up 27.7 on the other side. Washington has 245.0 yards per game on passes with 18 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. In the running game, the Commanders have notched 95.7 yards per game with eight more scores.
In their latest matchup on Sunday versus the rival Giants, Washington was down 14-9 by halftime. The Commanders gave up 17 fourth-quarter points in an eventual 31-19 loss. Sam Howell threw for 255 yards with one TD and three interceptions, while Brian Robinson led the rush on 73 yards from 17 carries.
Washington Commanders Team Facts
- The Commanders have won four of their last five November games as road underdogs.
- The Commanders have covered the spread in each of their last six road games in November.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in each of the Commanders' last four games.
- The Commanders have won the first half in each of their last three games as heavy underdogs (>+7.0 points).
- The Commanders have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five games as underdogs.
Over on the Cowboys’ side, they’ve done pretty well scoring-wise this year, notching 30.2 points per game. Dallas is giving up 17.5 points per game on the other side. The Cowboys are averaging 116.8 yards per game rushing with nine total touchdowns and 255.5 passing yards per game with 19 TDs and seven interceptions.
Matched up against the Panthers in their most recent outing, the Cowboys were up by a TD in the fourth quarter. Dallas scored 16 more unanswered points in a 33-10 win. QB Dak Prescott finished with 189 yards and two touchdowns while Brandin Cooks caught three balls for 42 yards. Tony Pollard led the rush with 61 yards and a TD.
Dallas Cowboys Team Facts
- The Cowboys have won each of their last 12 games at AT&T Stadium.
- The favorites have covered the spread in each of the Cowboys' last seven games.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in each of the Cowboys' last three Week 12 games.
- The Cowboys have won the first half in eight of their last nine games as favorites.
- The Cowboys have scored the first touchdown in nine of their last 10 home games.
- The Cowboys rank 1st in the NFL in Q1 points per game this season (8.1).
- The Cowboys rank 1st in the NFL in H1 points per game this season (19.4).
- The Commanders rank 32nd in the NFL in points allowed per game this season (27.7).
- The Commanders rank 32nd in the NFL in Q4 opponent points per game this season (10.0).
ANDREW’S COWBOYS VS COMMANDERS PREDICTION
I’ve got to stay with the Cowboys here. Dallas is coming off a nice defensive effort versus the struggling Panthers, giving up just 187 yards (77 passing), 13 first downs and 5-of-15 on third-down tries with two takeaways. The offense wasn’t overwhelming on the other side (311 total yards) but they took good care of the ball and stayed pretty steady overall. Dallas has scored a combined 82 points across the last two games and should do well on the scoreboard here also.
As for Washington, they out-gained the Giants 403-292 in their latest loss, but also gave away a whopping six turnovers (three fumbles) and went just 5-of-13 on third-down tries. The Commanders haven’t cracked 26 points in any of the last three games and it’s hard to imagine them doing it here either. Dallas should roll.