The Jacksonville Jaguars and Houston Texans meet Sunday in week 12 NFL action at NRG Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out our Jaguars vs Texans Prediction.
Jacksonville Jaguars Betting Preview
The Jacksonville Jaguars look to stay hot after winning 6 of their last 7 games. The Jacksonville Jaguars are coming off a 20-point win over the Titans. Trevor Lawrence is completing 68.1 percent of his passes for 2,382 yards, 11 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Christian Kirk and Calvin Ridley have combined for 1,246 receiving yards and 7 touchdowns, while Evan Engram has 59 receptions. The Jacksonville Jaguars ground game is averaging 108.7 yards per contest, and Travis Etienne Jr. leads the way with 670 yards and 7 touchdowns. Defensively, Jacksonville is allowing 20.4 points and 341.4 yards per game. Foyesade Oluokun leads the Jacksonville Jaguars with 107 tackles, Josh Allen has 9.5 sacks and Andre Cisco has 3 interceptions.
Jacksonville Jaguars Team Facts
- The Jaguars have lost each of their last eight road games in November.
- The Jaguars have covered the spread in nine of their last 10 games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Jaguars have lost the first half in seven of their last eight November games against AFC South opponents.
- The Jaguars have scored the first touchdown in seven of their last eight Sunday games as favorites.
- The Jaguars have lost the first quarter in seven of their last eight games in November.
Houston Texans Betting Preview
The Houston Texans look to build on their 3-game winning streak. The Texans are coming off a home win over the Cardinals. C.J. Stroud is completing 62.8 percent of his passes for 2,962 yards, 17 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Nico Collins and Tank Dell have combined for 1,355 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns, while Dalton Schultz has 39 receptions. The Houston Texans ground game is averaging 99.5 yards per contest, and Devin Singletary leads the way with 471 yards and 2 touchdowns. Defensively, Houston is allowing 20.8 points and 337.9 yards per game. Blake Cashman leads the Houston Texans with 72 tackles, Jonathan Greenard has 7 sacks and Steven Nelson has 3 interceptions.
Houston Texans Team Facts
- The Texans have won six of their last seven games as underdogs against the Jaguars.
- The underdogs have covered the spread in each of the Texans' last nine games.
- The Texans have won the first half in each of their last five games as slight underdogs (<+3.5 points).
- The Texans have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five games against the Jaguars.
- The Texans have won the first quarter in each of their last four November games as underdogs against AFC South opponents.
The Jaguars are the better team on paper and should be favored. However, the Texans have figured things out over the last month and Stroud is looking more and more like an elite quarterback. The Texans beat the Jags back in September, when they weren't all that good. In fact, the Texans have won 9 of the last 10 meetings against the Jaguars. While both teams are hot, the Texans have a little pep in their step, and I'm kind of falling for this young group. Give me the Texans at home in the slight underdog role.