Jacksonville Jaguars (8-3) vs Cincinnati Bengals (5-6)
2023-12-04 20:15:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Jacksonville Jaguars -7.5 -- Over/Under: 38.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Cincinnati Bengals look to snap a 3-game losing streak. The Jacksonville Jaguars look to keep the ball rolling after winning 7 of their last 8 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Cincinnati Bengals vs Jacksonville Jaguars prediction.
Cincinnati Bengals Betting Preview
The Cincinnati Bengals are coming off losses to the Texans, Ravens, and Steelers. Jake Browning is completing 65.9 percent of his passes for 295 yards, 2 touchdowns and 1 interception. Ja’Marr Chase and Tyler Boyd have combined for 1,376 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns, while Tee Higgins has 27 receptions. The Cincinnati Bengals ground game is averaging 75.8 yards per contest, and Joe Mixon leads the way with 621 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, Cincinnati is allowing 22 points and 389.3 yards per game. Logan Wilson leads the Cincinnati Bengals with 89 tackles, Trey Hendrickson has 10.5 sacks and Cam Taylor-Britt has 4 interceptions.
Cincinnati Bengals Team Facts
- The Bengals have won each of their last four December games as underdogs against AFC opponents.
- The Bengals have covered the spread in each of their last six games in December.
- The Bengals have won the first half in each of their last five December games against AFC opponents.
- The Bengals have won the first quarter in each of their last seven December games as underdogs against AFC opponents.
- The Bengals have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five games.
Jacksonville Jaguars Betting Preview
The Jacksonville Jaguars have won their last couple of games against the Titans and Texans. Trevor Lawrence is completing 67.3 percent of his passes for 2,746 yards, 12 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Christian Kirk and Calvin Ridley have combined for 1,424 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns, while Evan Engram has 64 receptions. The Jacksonville Jaguars ground game is averaging 106.2 yards per contest, and Travis Etienne Jr. leads the way with 726 yards and 7 touchdowns. Defensively, Jacksonville is allowing 20.5 points and 342.4 yards per game. Foyesade Oluokun leads the Jacksonville Jaguars with 119 tackles, Josh Allen has 12 sacks and Andre Cisco has 3 interceptions.
Jacksonville Jaguars Team Facts
- The Jaguars have lost each of their last two games as heavy favorites (>-7.0 points).
- The Jaguars have covered the spread in seven of their last eight games.
- The Jaguars have lost the first half in each of their last seven home games in December.
- The Jaguars have scored the first touchdown in seven of their last eight games.
- The Jaguars have lost the first quarter in each of their last eight home games in December.
The Cincinnati Bengals were struggling to stay afloat with Joe Burrow, and now they’re stuck with Jake Browning, and the results haven’t been pretty. Despite talent around him, the Bengals just don’t have the quarterback needed to lead the way, and things are looking bleak. The Jacksonville Jaguars are one of the hottest teams in the league SU, but they’ve also covered 7 of their last 8 games. The Jags are a cash cow for bettors right now. Thick number, but I have little confidence in the Bengals right now. Give me the Jaguars in a double-digit victory.