Pittsburgh Steelers (7-4) vs Arizona Cardinals (2-10)
2023-12-03 13:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Pittsburgh Steelers -5.5 -- Over/Under: 39.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Arizona Cardinals and the Pittsburgh Steelers meet in week 13 NFL action from Acrisure Stadium on Sunday afternoon. Make sure to read our Cardinals vs Steelers Prediction.
Cardinals Drop Back-To-Back Games
The Arizona Cardinals come into this game looking to rebound from back-to-back losses after a 37-14 loss to the Los Angeles Rams last time out. Kyler Murray has thrown for 719 yards, 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions on 61.7% passing. James Conner leads the Cardinals in rushing with 526 rushing yards with 2 TDs as well. Marquise Brown has a team-high 51 receptions for 574 yards and 4 touchdowns while Trey McBride has 48 grabs for 521 yards and Michael Wilson has 28 catches for 435 yards and 2 scores. On defense, Kyzir White has a team-high 90 total tackles while Dennis Gardeck has a team-high 5 sacks and Jalen Thompson has 3 interceptions as well on the year.
Arizona Cardinals Team Facts
- The Cardinals have lost each of their last nine road games.
- The road team has covered the spread in each of the Cardinals’ last five Week 13 games.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in each of the Cardinals’ last three games.
- The Cardinals have lost the first half in each of their last seven road games against teams that held a winning record.
- Each of the Cardinals’ last four games as road underdogs following a loss have gone UNDER the total points line.
Steelers Take Down Bengals
The Pittsburgh Steelers come into this game looking to build on their 16-10 win over Cincinnati to improve to 7-4 on the year. Kenny Pickett has thrown for 2,000 yards, 6 touchdowns and 4 interceptions on 61.8% passing while Najee Harris has a team-high 598 rushing yards and 4 TDs and Jaylen Warren has 542 rushing yards with 3 TDs on the year. George Pickens has a team-high 40 receptions for 662 yards and 3 touchdowns while Diontae Johnson has 385 receiving yards and Jaylen Warren has 247 receiving yards. Five more Steeler receivers have 100+ receiving yards as well this season. On defense, Elandon Roberts has a team-high 77 total tackles while T.J. Watt has a team-high 13.5 sacks and Damontae Kazee and Levi Wallace each have a pair of interceptions.
Pittsburgh Steelers Team Facts
- The underdogs have won four of the Steelers’ last five Week 13 games.
- The Steelers have covered the spread in eight of their last nine games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Steelers have lost the first quarter in four of their last five December games as favorites.
- The Steelers have lost the first half in seven of their last eight games.
- The Steelers have scored the first touchdown in each of their last eight games as home favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Steelers are the only team in the NFL to rank top 5 for both interceptions and fumbles recovered this season.
- The Steelers rank T2nd in the NFL in forced fumbles this season (14).
- The Cardinals rank 32nd in the NFL in 4th down percentage this season (32.0%).
- The Cardinals rank 32nd in the NFL in H2 points per game this season (6.0).
I’m backing the Steelers here. I know it’s a big line with the Steelers who haven’t been the easiest team to trust in terms of putting points on the board this season, but I think there were steps made in the right direction with Pittsburgh, and the Steelers defense should be able to stifle Kyler Murray and this lethargic Cardinal offense. Give me Pittsburgh by a TD.