The Chicago Bears and Minnesota Vikings meet in week 12 NFL Monday Night Football at U.S. Bank Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out our Bears vs. Vikings prediction.
Chicago Bears Betting Preview
The Chicago Bears need a win after losing 7 of their last 10 games. The Bears allowed the Lions to comeback last week and lost their eighth game. Justin Fields is completing 62.7 percent of his passes for 1,370 yards, 12 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. DJ Moore and Cole Kmet have combined for 1,328 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns, while Darnell Mooney has 23 receptions. The Chicago Bears ground game is averaging 139.5 yards per contest, and D'Onta Foreman leads the way with 381 yards and 4 touchdowns. Defensively, Chicago is allowing 26 points and 325.5 yards per game. T.J. Edwards leads the Chicago Bears with 121 tackles, Yannick Ngakoue has 3 sacks and Jaylon Johnson has 2 interceptions.
Chicago Bears Team Facts
- The Bears have lost each of their last 12 games against NFC North opponents.
- The Bears have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four Week 12 games.
- The Bears have won the first quarter in three of their last four games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Bears have scored the first touchdown in each of their last five road games against NFC opponents.
- The Bears have lost the first half in each of their last six road games against teams that held a winning record.
Minnesota Vikings Betting Preview
The Minnesota Vikings have won 5 of their last 6 games. The Minnesota Vikings lost a heartbreaker Sunday Night to the Broncos. Joshua Dobbs is completing 65.6 percent of his passes for 647 yards, 4 touchdowns and 1 interception. T.J. Hockenson and Jordan Addison have combined for 1,383 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns, while Justin Jefferson has 36 receptions. The Minnesota Vikings ground game is averaging 93.8 yards per contest, and Alexander Mattison leads the way with 542 yards on 148 carries. Defensively, Minnesota is allowing 20.9 points and 320.6 yards per game. Camryn Bynum leads the Minnesota Vikings with 91 tackles, Danielle Hunter has 12 sacks and Byron Murphy Jr. has 3 interceptions.
Minnesota Vikings Team Facts
- The Vikings have won each of their last six games against NFC opponents.
- The Vikings have covered the spread in each of their last six games.
- The road team has won the first half in seven of the last eight games between the Bears and Vikings.
- The Vikings have lost the first quarter in each of their last six games as home favorites following a loss.
- The Vikings have scored the first touchdown in each of their last six games.
The Chicago Bears had their chances to beat the Lions last week but fell apart in the second half. At this stage, with 8 losses, it's in the Bears best interest to keep losing to get a better draft pick. The Minnesota Vikings have saved their season with wins in 5 of their last 6 games, and they need to take advantage of this home game before heading into the bye week. No excuses really. The Vikings should win this game by at least a touchdown. I'll lay the chalk with the Vikings.