The Green Bay Packers and Detroit Lions meet Thanksgiving in week 12 NFL action at Ford Field. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and our Packers vs Lions Prediction.
Green Bay Packers Betting Preview
The Green Bay Packers need a win after losing 5 of their last 7 games. The Packers are coming off a big win over the Chargers to stay in the playoff hunt. Jordan Love is completing 59.7 percent of his passes for 2,331 yards, 16 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Jayden Reed and Romeo Doubs have combined for 859 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns, while Luke Musgrave has 33 receptions. The Green Bay Packers ground game is averaging 102.1 yards per contest, and AJ Dillon leads the way with 405 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Green Bay is allowing 20.2 points and 327.9 yards per game. Quay Walker leads the Green Bay Packers with 73 tackles, Rashan Gary has 5.5 sacks and Rudy Ford has 2 interceptions.
Green Bay Packers Team Facts
- The Packers have lost each of their last nine November games as road underdogs.
- The Packers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six games at Ford Field.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in each of the Packers' last two Week 12 games.
- The Packers have lost the first half in 10 of their last 11 games at Ford Field.
- Each of the Packers' last four road games against NFC opponents have gone OVER the total points line.
Detroit Lions Betting Preview
The Detroit Lions look to build on their 3-game winning streak. The Lions made a comeback last week to beat the Bears. Jared Goff is completing 68.1 percent of his passes for 2,743 yards, 16 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. Amon-Ra St. Brown and Sam LaPorta have combined for 1,390 receiving yards and 9 touchdowns, while Josh Reynolds has 25 receptions. The Detroit Lions ground game is averaging 136.6 yards per contest, and David Montgomery leads the way with 577 yards and 8 touchdowns. Defensively, Detroit is allowing 22.9 points and 313 yards per game. Alex Anzalone leads the Detroit Lions with 81 tackles, Aidan Hutchinson has 5.5 sacks and Jerry Jacobs has 3 interceptions.
Detroit Lions Team Facts
- The Lions have won each of their last seven games against NFC North opponents.
- The Lions have covered the spread in each of their last 10 games following a home win.
- The Lions have lost the first quarter in four of their last five November games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Lions have won the first half in each of their last 12 games as favorites against NFC North opponents.
- The Lions have scored the first touchdown in each of their last nine games following a home win.
The Detroit Lions are the better team, obviously, and should be favored, but this is a lot of points to lay on a short week. The Green Bay Packers need a win to stay in the playoff race and despite recent losses, a lot of their games are competitive. Also, the last 10 meetings between the Lions and Packers have been split, but it's Green Bay that's covered 8 of those games. We're getting a hook on top of the free touchdown. I'll take a stab with the Packers.