Boston Bruins (16-4-3) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (8-13-4)
2023-12-03 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Boston Bruins -250 / Columbus Blue Jackets +195 --- Over/Under: 6
(Get latest betting odds)
The Columbus Blue Jackets look for a win after splitting their last 8 games. The Boston Bruins look for a win after splitting their last 10 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Columbus Blue Jackets vs Boston Bruins prediction.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Preview
The Columbus Blue Jackets beat the Senators on Friday after losing to the Canadiens on Wednesday. The Columbus Blue Jackets are averaging 2.92 goals per game and are scoring on 13.3 percent of their power play opportunities. Boone Jenner leads Columbus with 12 goals, Zach Werenski has 17 assists and Adam Fantilli has 63 shots on goal. Defensively, the Columbus Blue Jackets are allowing 3.36 goals per game and are killing 88.6 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Spencer Martin has allowed 26 goals on 269 shots faced, and Elvis Merzlikins has given up 51 goals on 570 shots.
Columbus Blue Jackets Team Facts
- The Blue Jackets have lost each of their last seven games against opponents on a winning streak.
- The Blue Jackets have covered the puck line in each of their last six games as underdogs against Atlantic Division opponents.
- The Blue Jackets have lost the third period in 10 of their last 11 games against opponents on a winning streak.
- The ‘Over 2.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in three of the Blue Jackets’ last four games as underdogs against Atlantic Division opponents.
Boston Bruins Betting Preview
The Boston Bruins are coming off wins over the Sharks and Maple Leafs after previously riding 3 straight losses. The Boston Bruins are averaging 3.32 goals per game and are scoring on 22.2 percent of their power play opportunities. David Pastrnak leads Boston with 13 goals, Brad Marchand has 12 assists and Jake DeBrusk has 47 shots on goal. Defensively, the Boston Bruins are allowing 2.5 goals per game and are killing 88.4 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Linus Ullmark has given up 28 goals on 339 shots faced, while Jeremy Swayman has allowed 25 goals on 357 shots.
Boston Bruins Team Facts
- The Bruins have won 20 of their last 21 home games against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The Bruins have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last five games as favorites following an overtime win.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 3′ market has hit in each of the Bruins’ last nine games following a road win.
- The Bruins have won the first period in each of their last five night games after coming off overtime.
Columbus Blue Jackets vs Boston Bruins prediction
The Boston Bruins are on the end of a back to back, but they’re one of those teams where things like that don’t matter. The Bruins usually win the games they’re supposed to win, especially at home. The Columbus Blue Jackets are a below average team that you just can’t on to come through in spots like this. The Bruins have won 7 of their last 10 games against the Blue Jackets, and most of those games haven’t been close. Give me the Bruins and the PL for max betting value.