New York Rangers (17-4-1) vs San Jose Sharks (6-16-2)
2023-12-03 18:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: New York Rangers -435 / San Jose Sharks +320 --- Over/Under: 6
(Get latest betting odds)
The San Jose Sharks have won 3 of their last 4 games, their best stretch of the season. The New York Rangers look to stay hot after winning 5 of their last 6 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a San Jose Sharks vs New York Rangers prediction.
San Jose Sharks Betting Preview
The San Jose Sharks beat the Devils on Friday and have other recent wins over the Capitals and Canucks. The San Jose Sharks are averaging 1.75 goals per game and are scoring on 18.2 percent of their power play opportunities. Mike Hoffman leads San Jose with 6 goals, Tomas Hertl has 13 assists and Fabian Zetterlund has 54 shots on goal. Defensively, the San Jose Sharks are allowing 3.92 goals per game and are killing 72.6 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Kaapo Kahkonen has allowed 33 goals on 318 shots faced, while Mackenzie Blackwood has given up 54 goals on 556 shots.
San Jose Sharks Team Facts
- The Sharks have won each of their last three games as underdogs against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in each of the Sharks’ last six games at Madison Square Garden.
- The Sharks have lost the first period in five of their last six games following a road win.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in nine of the Sharks’ last 11 games against opponents on a winning streak.
New York Rangers Betting Preview
The New York Rangers rebounded from a loss to the Sabres with wins over the Red Wings and Predators. The New York Rangers are averaging 3.29 goals per game and are scoring on 29.2 percent of their power play opportunities. Chris Kreider leads New York with 14 goals, Artemi Panarin has 19 assists, and Mika Zibanejad has 58 shots on goal. Defensively, the New York Rangers are allowing 2.43 goals per game and are killing 85.7 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Igor Shesterkin has allowed 35 goals on 416 shots faced, while Jonathan Quick has given up 15 goals on 215 shots.
New York Rangers Team Facts
- The Rangers have won each of their last nine games as favorites against Pacific Division opponents.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in each of the last six games between the Sharks and Rangers at Madison Square Garden.
- The Rangers have won the second period in seven of their last eight games against Pacific Division opponents.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 2′ market has hit in 13 of the Rangers’ last 14 home games against Pacific Division opponents.
San Jose Sharks vs New York Rangers Prediction
The New York Rangers are obviously the better team and should blow the doors off on their home ice. However, the Sharks are having their best week of the season and there’s finally some betting value for once. It likely won’t last, but as long as the Sharks looklike an NHL team again, I can take a shot at these massive potential payouts. We’re getting over three times our money. I’ll take a flier on the Sharks.