Boston Bruins (14-4-3) vs San Jose Sharks (5-15-2)
2023-11-30 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Boston Bruins -303 / San Jose Sharks +235 --- Over/Under: 6
(Get latest betting odds)
The San Jose Sharks look to build on back-to-back victories. The Boston Bruins are riding a 3-game losing streak. Let’s preview this game and give out a San Jose Sharks vs Boston Bruins prediction.
San Jose Sharks Betting Preview
The San Jose Sharks are coming off wins over the Canucks and Capitals. The San Jose Sharks are averaging 1.64 goals per game and are scoring on 19.7 percent of their power play opportunities. Mike Hoffman leads San Jose with 6 goals, Tomas Hertl has 12 assists and Fabian Zetterlund has 51 shots on goal. Defensively, the San Jose Sharks are allowing 4 goals per game and are killing 73.1 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Kaapo Kahkonen has allowed 30 goals on 271 shots faced, while Mackenzie Blackwood has given up 51 goals on 519 shots.
San Jose Sharks Team Facts
- The Sharks have lost each of their last eight games against Atlantic Division opponents.
- The Sharks have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last seven night games against Atlantic Division opponents.
- The Sharks have lost the third period in seven of their last eight games against Atlantic Division opponents.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 3′ market has hit in each of the Sharks’ last 10 games against opponents on a losing streak.
Boston Bruins Betting Preview
The Boston Bruins have lost to the Red Wings, Rangers, and Blue Jackets during this streak. The Boston Bruins are averaging 3.33 goals per game and are scoring on 22.1 percent of their power play opportunities. David Pastrnak leads Boston with 13 goals, Brad Marchand has 12 assists and James van Riemsdyk has 45 shots on goal. Defensively, the Boston Bruins are allowing 2.62 goals per game and are killing 87.7 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Linus Ullmark has given up 28 goals on 339 shots faced, while Jeremy Swayman has allowed 25 goals on 332 shots.
Boston Bruins Team Facts
- The Bruins have won each of their last 12 games against the Sharks.
- The Bruins have covered the puck line in eight of their last nine games against the Sharks.
- The Bruins have won the first period in 12 of their last 13 games against the Sharks.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in seven of the Bruins’ last eight games as home favorites.
San Jose Sharks vs Boston Bruins Prediction
The Boston Bruins are obviously the better team here and are going to get the benefit of the doubt, especially at home. The San Jose Sharks have been a joke all year, and nobody should be eager to get behind them. The Bruins haven’t been great in their last few games, especially defensively, but this is what the doctor ordered to get back on track. The Sharks are a joke. Give me the Bruins and the PL for max betting value.