Anaheim Ducks (9-13) vs Washington Capitals (10-6-2)
2023-11-30 22:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Anaheim Ducks +120 / Washington Capitals -149 --- Over/Under: 6
(Get latest betting odds)
The Washington Capitals look for a win after winning 6 of their last 8 games. The Anaheim Ducks are riding a 7-game losing streak. Let’s preview this game and give out a Washington Capitals vs Anaheim Ducks prediction.
Washington Capitals Betting Preview
The Washington Capitals beat the Kings last night to bounce back from losses to the Oilers and Sharks. The Washington Capitals are averaging 2.33 goals per game and are scoring on 5.7 percent of their power play opportunities. Dylan Strome leads Washington with 8 goals, John Carlson has 10 assists and Alex Ovechkin has 70 shots on goal. Defensively, the Washington Capitals are allowing 2.78 goals per game and are killing 78.2 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Darcy Kuemper has given up 30 goals on 282 shots faced, and Charlie Lindgren has allowed 15 goals on 202 shots.
Washington Capitals Team Facts
- The Capitals have won six of their last seven night games.
- The Capitals have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last six games at Honda Center.
- The road team has won the second period in each of the Capitals’ last three games.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 2′ market has hit in 15 of the Capitals’ last 16 games against opponents on a losing streak.
Anaheim Ducks Betting Preview
The Anaheim Ducks have lost to the Avalanche, Panthers, Blues, Canadiens, Kings, Oilers, and Canucks during this losing streak. The Anaheim Ducks are averaging 2.68 goals per game and are scoring on 21.4 percent of their power play opportunities. Frank Vatrano leads Anaheim with 13 goals, Ryan Strome has 13 assists and Mason McTavish has 62 shots on goal. Defensively, the Anaheim Ducks are allowing 3.45 goals per game and are killing 79.6 percent of their opponent’s power plays. John Gibson has given up 36 goals on 408 shots faced, while Lukas Dostal has allowed 35 goals on 288 shots.
Anaheim Ducks Team Facts
- The Ducks have lost each of their last 10 games at Honda Center against opponents on a losing streak.
- The Ducks have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last 10 games at Honda Center against opponents on a losing streak.
- The Ducks have lost the first period in each of their last seven games.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 2′ market has hit in each of the Ducks’ last 10 games against opponents on a losing streak.
Washington Capitals vs Anaheim Ducks Prediction
The Anaheim Ducks can’t get out of their own way as the losses are piling up and the defense is falling apart. So while the Washington Capitals are on the end of a back to back, this is a game they should like their chances to keep things rolling. The Ducks aren’t scaring anybody in their current form. Give me the Caps and the somewhat reasonable price.