Calgary Flames (10-11-3) vs Minnesota Wild (8-10-4)
2023-12-05 21:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Calgary Flames -132 / Minnesota Wild +106 --- Over/Under: 6
(Get latest betting odds)
The Minnesota Wild are riding a 3-game winning streak. The Calgary Flames look for a win after splitting their last 12 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Minnesota Wild vs Calgary Flames prediction.
Minnesota Wild Betting Preview
The Minnesota Wild have wins over the Blues, Predators, and Blackhawks during this streak. The Minnesota Wild are averaging 3.14 goals per game and are scoring on 18.3 percent of their power play opportunities. Joel Eriksson Ek leads Minnesota with 11 goals, Mats Zuccarello has 20 assists and Kirill Kaprizov has 73 shots on goal. Defensively, the Minnesota Wild are allowing 3.55 goals per game and are killing 70 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Filip Gustavsson has allowed 42 goals on 387 shots faced, and Marc-Andre Fleury has given up 32 goals on 277 shots.
Minnesota Wild Team Facts
- The Wild have lost four of their last five games as favorites following a win.
- The Wild have covered the puck line in each of their last six night games against the Flames following a home win.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 3’ market has hit in each of the Wild’s last nine games following a home win.
- The Wild have won the first period in four of their last five games against the Flames following a win.
Calgary Flames Betting Preview
The Calgary Flames recently lost to the Canucks, but they have wins over the Golden Knights and Stars. The Flames lost to the Islanders in overtime on Saturday. The Calgary Flames are averaging 2.96 goals per game and are scoring on 12.8 percent of their power play opportunities. Elias Lindholm leads Calgary with 7 goals, Jonathan Huberdeau has 11 assists and Nazem Kadri has 69 shots on goal. Defensively, the Calgary Flames are allowing 3.29 goals per game and are killing 84.4 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Jacob Markstrom has allowed 47 goals on 450 shots faced, and Dan Vladar has given up 23 goals on 196 shots.
Calgary Flames Team Facts
- The underdogs have won seven of the Flames’ last eight games.
- The Flames have covered the puck line in eight of their last nine games as underdogs against the Wild.
- The Flames have won the third period in six of their last seven home games.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in 12 of the Flames’ last 13 home games against opponents on a winning streak.
Minnesota Wild vs Calgary Flames Prediction
The Calgary Flames have been the better team so far this season, but the Wild are coming off their best week yet, and it could be the turning point they needed. We knew the Wild were better than what they were showing up to this point, and three straight victories could be a sign they’re figuring things out. I’ll ride the hot hand and side with the Wild and the plus money.