The Anaheim Ducks and Colorado Avalanche meet Wednesday in NHL action at Ball Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Anaheim Ducks Betting Preview
The Anaheim Ducks look for a win after winning 8 of their last 10 games. The Ducks have won 5 straight road games. The Anaheim Ducks are averaging 3.14 goals per game and are scoring on 22.5 percent of their power play opportunities. Frank Vatrano leads Anaheim with 11 goals, Ryan Strome has 12 assists and Mason McTavish has 43 shots on goal. Defensively, the Anaheim Ducks are allowing 2.93 goals per game and are killing 81 percent of their opponent’s power plays. John Gibson has given up 16 goals on 216 shots faced, while Lukas Dostal has allowed 21 goals on 234 shots.
Anaheim Ducks Team Facts
- The Ducks have won each of their last four games as underdogs following a road win.
- The Ducks have covered the puck line in each of their last seven games following a road win.
- The Ducks have lost the second period in each of their last six night games at Ball Arena.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 2' market has hit in each of the Ducks' last seven games at Ball Arena.
Colorado Avalanche Betting Preview
The Colorado Avalanche look for a win after splitting their last 10 games. The Colorado Avalanche have won 4 of their last 6 home games. The Colorado Avalanche are averaging 3.36 goals per game and are scoring on 18.2 percent of their power play opportunities. Mikko Rantanen leads Colorado with 10 goals, Cale Maker has 14 assists and Nathan MacKinnon has 68 shots on goal. Defensively, the Colorado Avalanche are allowing 3.14 goals per game and are killing 85.7 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Alexandar Georgiev has allowed 36 goals on 328 shots faced, while Ivan Prosvetov has given up 7 goals on 69 shots.
Colorado Avalanche Team Facts
- The Avalanche have lost five of their last six games as home favorites against Pacific Division opponents.
- The Avalanche have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last six games as home favorites against Pacific Division opponents.
- The Avalanche have lost the first period in each of their last five games against Pacific Division opponents.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 2' market has hit in each of the last seven games between the Ducks and Avalanche at Ball Arena.
The Colorado Avalanche are the better team on paper, they're at home, and they have the rest advantage. The line is going to be what the line is. However, it feels like oddsmakers are just waiting for the Ducks to fall off, and here they are with wins in 8 of their last 10 games. No team in the league has made bettors more money so far this season than the Ducks. Keep riding the moneymakers until the tickets stop cashing. Give me the massive plus money with the Ducks on the road.