The Chicago Blackhawks and Columbus Blue Jackets meet Wednesday in NHL action at Nationwide Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a Chicago Blackhawks vs Columbus Blue Jackets prediction.
Chicago Blackhawks Betting Preview
The Chicago Blackhawks look to snap a 4-game losing steak. The Blackhawks lost the Panthers, Lightning, Predators and Sabres during this stretch. The Chicago Blackhawks are averaging 2.5 goals per game and are scoring on 11.3 percent of their power play opportunities. Connor Bedard leads Chicago with 9 goals, Seth Jones has 7 assists and Ryan Donato has 33 shots on goal. Defensively, the Chicago Blackhawks are allowing 3.5 goals per game and are killing 77.4 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Petr Mrazek has given up 27 goals on 317 shots faced, and Arvid Soderblom has allowed 25 goals on 216 shots.
Chicago Blackhawks Team Facts
- The Blackhawks have won each of their last seven night games at Nationwide Arena.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in 14 of the Blackhawks' last 15 games at Nationwide Arena.
- The Blackhawks have lost the third period in each of their last nine night games.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in eight of the Blackhawks' last nine games at Nationwide Arena.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Preview
The Columbus Blue Jackets look to snap a 9-game losing streak. The Blue Jacket's most recent loss was Sunday against the Flyers. The Columbus Blue Jackets are averaging 2.68 goals per game and are scoring on 9.8 percent of their power play opportunities. Boone Jenner leads Columbus with 8 goals, Ivan Provorov has 11 assists and Adam Fantilli has 54 shots on goal. Defensively, the Columbus Blue Jackets are allowing 3.63 goals per game and are killing 87.3 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Spencer Martin has allowed 24 goals on 235 shots faced, and Elvis Merzlikins has given up 39 goals on 380 shots.
Columbus Blue Jackets Team Facts
- The Blue Jackets have lost each of their last nine games.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in 14 of the last 15 games between the Blackhawks and Blue Jackets at Nationwide Arena.
- The Blue Jackets have lost the third period in each of their last four games following a road loss.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in each of the last six games between the Blackhawks and Blue Jackets.
I'm not running to the window to back the Chicago Blackhawks, but I'm certainly not laying juice with a Blue Jackets team that's lost 9 straight games. The Columbus Blue Jackets are looking like anything but an NHL team right now, so seeing them in the favorite role is strange. It's the Blackhawks or pass for me on this one.