The Winnipeg Jets and Tampa Bay Lightning meet Wednesday in NHL action at Amalie Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a Winnipeg Jets vs Tampa Bay Lightning prediction.
Winnipeg Jets Betting Preview
The Winnipeg Jets look to stay hot after winning 6 of their last 7 games. The Winnipeg Jets have beaten the Devils, Sabres and Coyotes during their 3-game winning streak. The Winnipeg Jets are averaging 3.71 goals per game and are scoring on 18 percent of their power play opportunities. Kyle Connor leads Winnipeg with 14 goals, Mark Scheifele has 15 assists and Nikolaj Ehlers has 45 shots on goal. Defensively, the Winnipeg Jets are allowing 3.12 goals per game and are killing 74.1 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Connor Hellebuyck has given up 38 goals on 368 shots faced, while Laurent Brossoit has allowed 12 goals on 96 shots.
Winnipeg Jets Team Facts
- The favorites have won each of the Jets' last nine games.
- The Jets have covered the puck line in each of their last six games as underdogs following a home win.
- The favorites have won the second period in seven of the Jets' last eight games.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in 13 of the Jets' last 14 games as underdogs against Atlantic Division opponents.
Tampa Bay Lightning Betting Preview
The Tampa Bay Lightning look to build on their 3-game winning streak. The Lightning beat the Blackhawks, Oilers, and Bruins during this streak. The Tampa Bay Lightning are averaging 3.58 goals per game and are scoring on 30.3 percent of their power play opportunities. Nikita Kucherov leads Tampa Bay with 13 goals, Brayden Point has 17 assists and Steven Stamkos has 55 shots on goal. Defensively, the Tampa Bay Lightning are allowing 3.63 goals per game and are killing 85.7 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Jonas Johansson has given up 55 goals on 517 shots faced, while Matt Tomkins has allowed 10 goals on 90 shots.
Tampa Bay Lightning Team Facts
- The Lightning have lost four of their last five games as favorites following a win.
- The Lightning have covered the puck line in 15 of their last 18 home games against Central Division opponents.
- The Lightning have won the third period in each of their last six games as home favorites following a win.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in each of the last eight games between the Jets and Lightning.
The Tampa Bay Lightning are having a nice week, and they're going to get the benefit of the doubt at home every time. However, the Jets are having success as well with wins in 6 of their last 7 games and that offense gives them a fighting chance every time they take the ice. The value is with the plus money here. Give me the Jets and the more favorable price.