Columbus Blue Jackets (7-12-4) vs Montreal Canadiens (9-10-2)
2023-11-29 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Columbus Blue Jackets -132 / Montreal Canadiens +107 --- Over/Under: 6.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Montreal Canadiens need a win after losing 9 of their last 13 games. The Columbus Blue Jackets look for a win after winning 3 of their last 4 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Montreal Canadiens vs Columbus Blue Jackets prediction.
Montreal Canadiens Betting Preview
The Montreal Canadiens were shut out by the Kings on Saturday, just adding to a rough stretch over the last month. The Montreal Canadiens are averaging 2.71 goals per game and are scoring on 18 percent of their power play opportunities. Sean Monahan leads Montreal with 6 goals, Nick Suzuki has 11 assists and Cole Caufield has 81 shots on goal. Defensively, the Montreal Canadiens are allowing 3.48 goals per game and are killing 73.5 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Jake Allen has given up 30 goals on 310 shots faced, and Sam Montembeault has allowed 25 goals on 273 shots.
Montreal Canadiens Team Facts
- The Canadiens have lost eight of their last 10 games at Nationwide Arena.
- The Canadiens have covered the puck line in each of their last six night games against opponents on a winning streak.
- The Canadiens have lost the second period in each of their last seven games.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in 14 of the Canadiens’ last 15 games following a road loss.
Columbus Blue Jackets Betting Preview
The Columbus Blue Jackets beat the Bruins on Monday and the Devils and Blackhawks earlier in the week. The Columbus Blue Jackets are averaging 2.91 goals per game and are scoring on 11.1 percent of their power play opportunities. Boone Jenner leads Columbus with 11 goals, Zach Werenski has 14 assists and Adam Fantilli has 61 shots on goal. Defensively, the Columbus Blue Jackets are allowing 3.39 goals per game and are killing 89.2 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Spencer Martin has allowed 26 goals on 269 shots faced, and Elvis Merzlikins has given up 46 goals on 497 shots.
Columbus Blue Jackets Team Facts
- The Blue Jackets have lost seven of their last eight night games against Eastern Conference opponents.
- The Blue Jackets have covered the puck line in each of their last five games against Atlantic Division opponents.
- The Blue Jackets have lost the second period in six of their last seven night games following a home win.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 3′ market has hit in each of the Blue Jackets’ last seven night games.
The Columbus Blue Jackets are coming off a fine week, and you should expect that to continue with them at home here. The Montreal Canadiens can’t get out of their own way thanks to an offense that lacks any serious bite. Despite losing the last 3 meetings, it’s the Blue Jackets that have won 6 of the last 9 meetings against the Habs. Cheap price, give me the team that’s in the better form. Give me the Blue Jackets.