Los Angeles Kings (13-3-3) vs Washington Capitals (10-6-2)
2023-11-29 22:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Los Angeles Kings -172 / Washington Capitals +139 --- Over/Under: 6
(Get latest betting odds)
The Washington Capitals could use a win after getting outscored in their last 2 games, 1-7. The Los Angeles Kings look to build on their 5-game winning streak. Let’s preview this game and give out a Washington Capitals vs Los Angeles Kings prediction.
Washington Capitals Betting Preview
The Washington Capitals are coming off losses to the Oilers and Sharks. The Washington Capitals are averaging 2.33 goals per game and are scoring on 5.7 percent of their power play opportunities. Dylan Strome leads Washington with 8 goals, John Carlson has 10 assists and Alex Ovechkin has 70 shots on goal. Defensively, the Washington Capitals are allowing 2.78 goals per game and are killing 78.2 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Darcy Kuemper has given up 30 goals on 282 shots faced, and Charlie Lindgren has allowed 15 goals on 202 shots.
Washington Capitals Team Facts
- The Capitals have lost each of their last seven games following a road loss.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in eight of the Capitals’ last nine games.
- The Capitals have lost the first period in four of their last five games against Pacific Division opponents.
- The ‘Over 2.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in three of the Capitals’ last four games against opponents on a winning streak.
Los Angeles Kings Betting Preview
The Los Angeles Kings have beaten the Panthers, Blues, Coyotes, Ducks, and Canadiens during this streak. The Los Angeles Kings are averaging 4 goals per game and are scoring on 20.8 percent of their power play opportunities. Trevor Moore leads Los Angeles with 11 goals, Kevin Fiala has 14 assists and Adrian Kempe has 64 shots on goal. Defensively, the Los Angeles Kings are allowing 2.37 goals per game and are killing 89.4 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Cam Talbot has given up 28 goals on 404 shots faced, while Pheonix Copley has allowed 16 goals on 121 shots.
Los Angeles Kings Team Facts
- The Kings have won each of their last five games.
- The favorites have covered the puck line in each of the Kings’ last four games.
- The Kings have won the first period in seven of their last eight games as favorites following a win.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in each of the Kings’ last seven games following a home win.
The Washington Capitals have looked awful in their last 2 games, and now they’re on the road against an offensive powerhouse. The Los Angeles Kings are firing on all cylinders up to this point, and it’s hard to step in front of them, especially at home against a team coming off a subpar week. I’ll lay the juice with the Kings on their home ice.