The New Jersey Devils and Detroit Red Wings meet Wednesday in NHL action at Little Caesars Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a New Jersey Devils vs Detroit Red Wings prediction.
New Jersey Devils Betting Preview
The New Jersey Devils need a win after losing 4 of their last 5 games. The Devils recently lost to the Rangers on Saturday. The New Jersey Devils are averaging 3.69 goals per game and are scoring on 39 percent of their power play opportunities. Tyler Toffoli leads New Jersey with 9 goals, Jack Hughes has 16 assists and Dougie Hamilton has 53 shots on goal. Defensively, the New Jersey Devils are allowing 3.81 goals per game and are killing 77.2 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Vitek Vanecek has allowed 36 goals on 323 shots faced, while Akira Schmid has given up 18 goals on 157 shots.
New Jersey Devils Team Facts
- The Devils have lost three of their last four games as favorites.
- The Devils have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last nine games as favorites following a home loss.
- The Devils have won the third period in seven of their last eight games as favorites against Atlantic Division opponents.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 3' market has hit in each of the Devils' last eight games following a loss.
Detroit Red Wings Betting Preview
The Detroit Red Wings need a win after losing 4 of their last 5 games. The Red Wings lost to the Senators and Maple Leafs in Sweden. The Detroit Red Wings are averaging 3.59 goals per game and are scoring on 20 percent of their power play opportunities. Alex DeBrincat leads Detroit with 11 goals, Dylan Larkin has 12 assists and Daniel Sprong has 44 shots on goal. Defensively, the Detroit Red Wings are allowing 3.35 goals per game and are killing 78.8 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Ville Husso has given up 36 goals on 313 shots faced, while James Reimer has allowed 14 goals on 169 shots.
Detroit Red Wings Team Facts
- The Red Wings have won four of their last five games as home underdogs against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The road team has covered the puck line in each of the last six games between the Devils and Red Wings.
- The Red Wings have won the second period in each of their last four games against Eastern Conference opponents.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 3' market has hit in each of the Red Wings' last 10 games following a loss.
The Devils and Red Wings have shown flashes this season, but neither side has been able to sustain anything. The difference here is the Red Wings are at home, and they're far and away the more trustworthy on the defensive side. Pick 'em prices, you have to give the edge to the home team. The Detroit Red Wings are finally back in the states and could use a home win to regroup. Give me the Red Wings.