Seattle Kraken (21-20-10) vs. New Jersey Devils (25-21-4)
February 12, 2024 7:00 pm EDT
The Line: New Jersey Devils -147 / Seattle Kraken +120; Over/Under: +6.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Seattle Kraken need a win after losing 7 of their last 9 games. The New Jersey Devils need a win after losing 4 of their last 5 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Seattle Kraken vs New Jersey Devils prediction.
Seattle Kraken Betting Preview
The Seattle Kraken recently beat the Blue Jackets and lost to the Sharks and Flyers. The Seattle Kraken are averaging 2.76 goals per game and are scoring on 20.4 percent of their power play opportunities. Jared McCann leads Seattle with 21 goals, Vince Dunn has 31 assists, and Oliver Bjorkstrand has 131 shots on goal. Defensively, the Seattle Kraken are allowing 3.27 goals per game and are killing 74.1 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Philipp Grubauer has given up 50 goals on 432 shots faced, while Joey Daccord has allowed 80 goals on 1,012 shots.
New Jersey Devils Betting Preview
The New Jersey Devils recently beat the Avalanche while losing to the Flames and Hurricanes. The New Jersey Devils are averaging 3.38 goals per game and are scoring on 24.2 percent of their power play opportunities. Tyler Toffoli leads New Jersey with 21 goals, Jesper Bratt has 35 assists and Jack Hughes has 149 shots on goal. Defensively, the New Jersey Devils are allowing 3.52 goals per game and are killing 79.5 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Vitek Vanecek has allowed 95 goals on 862 shots faced, while Akira Schmid has given up 41 goals on 383 shots.
New Jersey Devils Team Facts
- The Devils have lost four of their last five games as home favorites after coming off overtime.
- The Devils have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last 10 night games against Pacific Division opponents.
- The Devils have lost the second period in seven of their last eight games as home favorites.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in seven of the Devils’ last eight games after coming off overtime.
Seattle Kraken Team Facts
- The Kraken have lost each of their last nine games as underdogs against opponents on a losing streak.
- The Kraken have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last four games as underdogs.
- The Kraken have won the third period in each of their last three night games against opponents on a losing streak.
- The ‘Over 2.5 Goals Period 1’ market has hit in four of the Kraken’s last five games against Metropolitan Division opponents.
Seattle Kraken vs New Jersey Devils prediction
I’m not running to the window to back either of these teams that are going through losing stretches, but I’d give the Devils the edge because of home ice. The Seattle Kraken continue to be hit or miss offensively, and they’ve scored a combined 2 goals in their last 2 games. The New Jersey Devils have shown more life in their losses, mainly offensively, and their last two wins have come at home. The price is reasonable. Give me the Devils.