Calgary Flames (25-22-5) vs. New York Rangers (33-16-3)
February 12, 2024 7:00 pm EDT
The Line: New York Rangers -167 / Calgary Flames +133; Over/Under: +6
(Get latest betting odds)
The Calgary Flames and the New York Rangers meet in NHL action from Madison Square Garden on Monday night. Who comes out on top in this interconference showdown? Let’s dive in and find out with our Flames vs. Rangers Prediction.
Calgary Flames Team Preview
The Calgary Flames come into this one looking to build on their four-game win streak after a 5-2 win over the Islanders in their last matchup. Nazem Kadri leads the Flames in scoring with 44 points including 16 goals and a team-high 28 assists while Blake Coleman has 43 points with 21 goals and 22 assists. Yegor Sharangovich has 36 points with 20 goals and 16 assists. Jacob Markstrom has gone 17-13-2 with a 2.55 GAA and a .915 save percentage while Dan Vladar is 7-7-2 with a 3.27 GAA and an .888 save percentage this season. Dustin Wolf has also gone 1-2-1 with a 3.46 GAA and an .893 save percentage as well this season.
Calgary Flames Team Facts
- The underdogs have won five of the Flames’ last six games.
- The road team has covered the puck line in each of the Flames’ last seven games.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 3′ market has hit in each of the Flames’ last six games as underdogs against opponents on a winning streak.
- The Flames have won the second period in each of their last four games as underdogs following a road win.
New York Rangers Team Preview
The New York Rangers come into this one looking to build on their own four-game win streak after a 4-3 OT win over Chicago in their last matchup. Artemi Panarin leads the Rangers in scoring with 68 points including team-highs of 31 goals and 37 assists while Chris Kreider has 48 points with 24 goals of his own. Vincent Trocheck has 47 points as well with 32 assists while Mika Zibanejad has 48 points with 32 assists this season. Igor Shesterkin has gone 20-12-1 with a 2.86 GAA and an .899 save percentage while Jonathan Quick is 12-4-2 with a 2.27 GAA and a .919 save percentage between the pipes for the Rangers this season.
New York Rangers Team Facts
- The Rangers have won each of their last seven night games following an overtime win.
- The Rangers have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last eight Monday games as favorites.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 3′ market has hit in each of the Rangers’ last 13 home games against Pacific Division opponents.
- The underdogs have won the third period in five of the Rangers’ last six games.
Flames vs. Rangers Prediction
I’m on the under here. These are two teams that are on fire right now and good defense and goaltending has been a catalyst for a lot of their respective success in these runs. The Rangers have one of the best goaltending tandems in the league and Calgary’s defense has stepped it up as well. I think this is a first to 3 games whichever side it ends up on, so give me the under here.