The Vegas Golden Knights and the Philadelphia Flyers meet in NHL action from the Wells Fargo Center on Saturday afternoon.
Golden Knights Escape With Win
The Vegas Golden Knights come into this one looking to build on a 6-5 win over the Montreal Canadiens in their last matchup. William Karlsson leads the Golden Knights in scoring with 19 points including a team-high 8 goals and 11 assists while Jack Eichel has 18 points with 7 goals and 11 assists and Mark Stone has 17 points with 5 goals and a team-high 12 assists of his own. Shea Theodore has 16 points with 12 assists as well and Chandler Stephenson’s got 10 points with 8 assists. Adin Hill has gone 8-1-1 with a 2.07 GAA and a .928 save percentage while Logan Thompson has gone 5-2 with a 2.27 GAA and a .925 save percentage this season.
Vegas Golden Knights Team Facts
- The Golden Knights have won each of their last nine games as favorites following a road win.
- The home team has covered the puck line in six of the Golden Knights' last seven games.
- The Golden Knights have won the third period in five of their last six games following a road win.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 3' market has hit in 14 of the Golden Knights' last 15 games.
Flyers Win 3rd Straight
The Philadelphia Flyers come into this one looking to build on their 3rd straight win after a 3-1 win over the Carolina Hurricanes in their last matchup. Travis Sanheim leads the Flyers in scoring with 14 points including a team-high 12 assists while Travis Konecny also has 14 points including a team-high 10 goals along with 4 assists. Joel Farabee has 12 points split between 6 goals and 6 assists and Cam Atkinson has 12 points along with 8 goals and 4 assists. Carter Hart has posted a 5-3 record in goal for Philly with a 2.34 GAA and a .921 save percentage while Samuel Ersson is 2-3-1 with a 3.43 GAA and an .855 save percentage. Cal Petersen’s also 1-1 with a 3.50 GAA and an .896 save percentage as well on the year.
Philadelphia Flyers Team Facts
- The road team has won eight of the Flyers' last nine games.
- The road team has covered the puck line in six of the Flyers' last seven games.
- The Flyers have lost the third period in each of their last four home games.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in each of the Flyers' last four home games.
- The Philadelphia Flyers ranks 30th in the league in power play percentage this season (7.55%).
- The Philadelphia Flyers ranks T1st in the league in short handed goals this season (4).
- The Vegas Golden Knights ranks 3rd in the league for goals against per game this season (2.35).
- The Vegas Golden Knights are one of four teams to rank in the top 10 for both goals scored and goals conceded per game this season.
I’m hopping on Vegas here. I just think the win over the Hurricanes for Philly last time out was all about the spot but now they go back home the Flyers do, where they’ve lost their last 4 games. Vegas has played a lot of close games as of late, but I just think they’re the better team by a fair margin here and I look for Vegas to pick up their 4th straight win over the Flyers here.