The New York Islanders and Vancouver Canucks meet Wednesday in NHL action at the Rogers Arena. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
New York Islanders Betting Preview
The New York Islanders look to snap a 5-game losing streak. The Islanders have lost 3 of their last 5 road games. The New York Islanders are averaging 2.36 goals per game and are scoring on 15.8 percent of their power play opportunities. Brock Nelson leads New York with 6 goals, Noah Dobson has 8 assists and Mathew Barzal has 50 shots on goal. Defensively, the New York Islanders are allowing 3.14 goals per game and are killing 73.9 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Ilya Sorokin has given up 29 goals on 312 shots faced, and Semyon Varlamov has allowed 10 goals on 166 shots.
New York Islanders Team Facts
- The Islanders have lost each of their last five games.
- The Islanders have covered the puck line in each of their last five games at Rogers Arena.
- The Islanders have lost the third period in each of their last five games.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in each of the Islanders' last four games.
Vancouver Canucks Betting Preview
The Vancouver Canucks look to stay hot after winning 6 of their last 7 games. The Vancouver Canucks have won 3 straight home games. The Vancouver Canucks are averaging 4.4 goals per game and are scoring on 31.6 percent of their power play opportunities. Brock Boeser leads Vancouver with 12 goals, Elias Pettersson has 18 assists and Quinn Hughes has 47 shots on goal. Defensively, the Vancouver Canucks are allowing 2.2 goals per game and are killing 78 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Thatcher Demko has given up 19 goals on 292 shots faced, and Casey DeSmith has allowed 14 goals on 167 shots.
Vancouver Canucks Team Facts
- The Canucks have won seven of their last eight games at Rogers Arena.
- The Canucks have covered the puck line in each of their last eight games at Rogers Arena.
- The road team has won the third period in each of the last five games between the Islanders and Canucks.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in each of the Canucks' last nine games as favorites against Metropolitan Division opponents.
The New York Islanders are a team I've backed a lot over the years because of their defensive pressure and good coaching. The issue now is the Islanders can't score, and it's playing a big role in all of this losing. The Vancouver Canucks have been the complete opposite right now, firing on all cylinders, especially offensively. This feels like two teams heading in different directions. Give me the Canucks at home and the PL for max betting value.