The Arizona Coyotes and the Winnipeg Jets meet in NHL action from the Canada Life Arena on Saturday night.
Coyotes Struggling With Consistency
The Arizona Coyotes come into this one looking to find some consistency, alternating wins and losses in each of their last 10 games following a 3-2 win over Columbus last time out. Clayton Keller leads the Coyotes with 17 points including a team-high 7 goals and 10 assists while Nick Schmaltz has 13 points with 4 goals and 9 assists. Logan Cooley’s added 12 points with a team-high 10 assists as well while Sean Durzi has 12 points as well with 5 goals and 7 assists. Matias Maccelli has 11 points with 9 assists while Lawson Crouse has 7 goals as well this season. Connor Ingram has posted a 6-1 record with a 2.75 GAA and a .918 save percentage in goal for Arizona while Karel Vejmelka is 2-5-2 with a 3.08 GAA and a .906 save percentage this season.
Arizona Coyotes Team Facts
- The Coyotes have lost each of their last six games against opponents on a winning streak.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in seven of the Coyotes' last eight games.
- The Coyotes have lost the second period in four of their last five games as underdogs.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 1' market has hit in nine of the Coyotes' last 10 night games.
Jets Take Down Sabres
The Winnipeg Jets come into this one looking to build on their 3-2 win over Buffalo for their 5th win in their last 6 games. Kyle Connor leads the Jets in scoring with 20 points including a team-high 13 goals while Mark Scheifele has 18 points with 5 goals and a team-high 13 assists. Josh Morrissey has 14 points with 13 assists of his own while Cole Perfetti also has 14 points with 6 goals and 8 assists and Alex Iafallo has 13 points with 9 assists. Connor Hellebuyck has gone 8-4-1 with a 2.91 GAA and an .897 save percentage in goal for Winnipeg while Laurent Brossoit is 1-1-1 with a 3.25 GAA and an .872 save percentage this season.
Winnipeg Jets Team Facts
- The Jets have won each of their last seven games against the Coyotes.
- The road team has covered the puck line in seven of the last eight games between the Coyotes and Jets.
- The favorites have won the second period in each of the Jets' last seven games.
- The 'Over 1.5 Goals Period 3' market has hit in each of the Jets' last seven games as favorites against Western Conference opponents.
- The Winnipeg Jets ranks 6th in the league for goals per game this season (3.63).
- The Winnipeg Jets ranks 27th in the league in penalty kill percentage this season (73.21%).
- The Arizona Coyotes ranks 4th in the league in power play percentage this season (30.51%).
- The Arizona Coyotes ranks T1st in the league in short handed goals allowed this season (0).
I get the case to be made for the Coyotes here who have been able to provide value in some spots, but the inconsistency makes it hard to get behind them in a spot like this. The Jets may be on the back-to-back here but they’re playing the better hockey and playing on no rest has not bothered Winnipeg in the slightest as they’ve won 6 of their last 7 games played on no rest. Give me the Jets here.