The Hawaii Warriors and the Wyoming Cowboys meet in college football action from Jonah Field at War Memorial Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Hawaii Upsets Air Force
The Hawaii Warriors come into this one looking to build on their big upset win over Air Force last time out to improve to 4-7 on the year. Brayden Schager has thrown for 2,944 yards, 24 touchdowns and 12 interceptions on 63.2% passing while Landon Sims has a team-high 203 rushing yards and Jordan Johnson’s got 198 rushing yards as well. Steven McBride has a team-high 839 receiving yards and 8 touchdowns while Pofele Ashlock has a team-high 72 receptions for 726 yards and 9 touchdowns. Three more Warriors have 200+ receiving yards and another pair of receivers have 100+ receiving yards as well on the year. On defense, Peter Manuma has a team-high 78 total tackles along with 3 interceptions. Elijah Robinson also has a team-high 3 sacks as well on the year.
Hawaii Rainbow Warriors Team Facts
- Hawaii has lost 10 of its last 11 road games.
- Hawaii has covered the spread in seven of its last eight November games against non-AP-ranked teams.
- Hawaii has lost the first half in eight of its last 10 games against conference opponents.
- Each of Hawaii's last three games against non-AP-ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
Wyoming Flattened By UNLV
The Wyoming Cowboys come into this one looking to rebound from a 34-14 loss to UNLV in their last matchup, falling to 6-4 on the year as a result. Andrew Peasley has thrown for 1,339 yards, 15 touchdowns and 5 interceptions on 58.3% passing while Harrison Waylee has a team-high 715 rushing yards with 3 touchdowns. Wyatt Wieland has a team-high 34 receptions for 342 yards and 4 touchdowns while Ayir Asante has 265 receiving yards with 5 TDs and Treyton Welch also has 268 receiving yards. Two more Cowboys have 100+ receiving yards as well on the year. On defense, Easton Gibbs has a team-high 90 total tackles while Wrook Brown has a team-high 3 interceptions and DeVonne Harris has a team-high 3 sacks.
Wyoming Cowboys Team Facts
- The home team has won each of Wyoming's last 10 games.
- The underdog has covered the spread in each of the last four games between Hawaii and Wyoming.
- Wyoming has won the first half in each of its last five home games against conference opponents.
- Wyoming has won the first quarter in each of its last seven home games against conference opponents.
- Six of Wyoming's last seven games as a favorite have gone UNDER the total points line.
I’m backing the Cowboys here. I mean weird things happen in Laramie for visiting teams to begin with, but now you factor in an early kickoff in Wyoming, a game that would be 9 AM local time for Hawaii, and I think it’s just a bad spot for the Warriors to be in. Hawaii just isn’t a good team defensively and I look for Wyoming to put a hurting on Hawaii here. Give me the Cowboys laying the points.