Arizona Diamondbacks (88-78) vs Los Angeles Dodgers (100-64)
2023-10-11 21:07:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Arizona Diamondbacks +122 / Los Angeles Dodgers -143 --- Over/Under: 9.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks clash Wednesday in game 3 of the NLDS playoffs at Chase Field. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Los Angeles Dodgers Betting Preview
The Dodgers need a win here to force a game 5 on Thursday. The Dodgers just can’t get their offense going as they’ve produced just 10 hits and 4 runs through the first two games. We know what the Dodgers are capable of when playing to their ability but right now they look a little rattled. The good news for Dodgers fans is that they’ve lost 3 straight games just once since July 14. Will Smith leads the Dodgers with 2 hits and 2 RBI while Miguel Rojas and J.D. Martinez have combined for 4 hits and 1 RBI. Lance Lynn gets the ball, and he was 13-11 with a 5.73 ERA and 191 strikeouts this season. Lynn is 5-5 with a 5.28 ERA and 56 strikeouts in his postseason career.
Los Angeles Dodgers Team Facts
- The Dodgers have won each of their last nine road games against NL West opponents following a loss.
- The Dodgers have covered the run line in each of their last nine road games against NL West opponents following a loss.
- The Dodgers have trailed after 3 innings in three of their last four games as favorites against National League opponents.
- The Dodgers have trailed after 5 innings in three of their last four playoff games as favorites against NL West opponents.
- The Dodgers have trailed after 7 innings in each of their last five playoff games as favorites against NL West opponents.
Arizona Diamondbacks Betting Preview
The Diamondbacks will advance to their first NLCS since 2007 with a victory here. The Diamondbacks are 4-0 in this postseason and the pitching staff has allowed 3 or fewer runs in all 4 games. Through 36 postseason innings, the Diamondbacks have a 2.25 ERA, a 1.28 WHIP and have 35 strikeouts. The Diamondbacks have won 8 of their last 11 games when allowing 3 or fewer runs. Offensively, Corbin Carroll leads the Diamondbacks with 7 hits and 4 RBI while Tommy Pham and Ketel Marte have combined for 12 hits and 4 RBI. Brandon Pfaadt gets the ball, and he was 3-9 with a 5.72 ERA and 94 strikeouts this season. Pfaadt is 0-0 with a 10.13 ERA and 4 strikeouts in his postseason career.
Arizona Diamondbacks Team Facts
- The Diamondbacks have won each of their last eight games as underdogs against National League opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have covered the run line in each of their last nine games against National League opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 5 innings in each of their last five games against NL West opponents.
- The Diamondbacks have led after 7 innings in each of their last six games as underdogs against National League opponents.
- The ‘Inning 1 OVER 0.5 runs’ market has hit in each of the Diamondbacks’ last seven games against National League opponents.
I’ve been on the Diamondbacks twice in this series and that plus money is paying out nicely. However, I do lean Dodgers to win this game. One, the Dodgers are too talented and experienced to go out this sad. Also, no matter what you think of Lance Lynn and his rough ERA, he does miss bats at an above average level, and he’s a veteran pitcher with 27 postseason appearances. The lights won’t be too bight for him. We’re not sure about Brandon Pfaadt who is a 24-year-old rookie and got roughed up in 2.2 innings against the Brewers in the wild card series. The Dodgers are also hitting .381 against Pfaadt in 42 at bats with 3 homers. Give me the Dodgers to inch back into this series.