The Denver Nuggets and Cleveland Cavaliers meet Sunday in NBA action at the Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Denver Nuggets Betting Preview
The Denver Nuggets look for a win after splitting their last 4 games. The Denver Nuggets are coming off a road loss to the Pelicans. The Denver Nuggets are averaging 114.1 points on 50.4 percent shooting and allowing 107 points on 45.2 percent shooting. Nikola Jokic is averaging 29.7 points and 14.1 rebounds, while Michael Porter Jr. is averaging 16.4 points and 8.2 rebounds. Jamal Murray is the third double-digit scorer and Aaron Gordon is grabbing 7.1 rebounds. The Denver Nuggets are shooting 34.5 percent from beyond the arc and 70.7 percent from the free throw line. The Denver Nuggets are allowing 34.7 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 45.2 rebounds per game.
Denver Nuggets Team Facts
- The home team has won each of the Nuggets' last nine games.
- The Nuggets have covered the spread in each of their last eight games as road favorites against Central Division opponents following a loss.
- Each of the Nuggets' last eight road games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Cleveland Cavaliers Betting Preview
The Cleveland Cavaliers look for a win after winning 5 of their last 8 games. The Cleveland Cavaliers just beat the Pistons on Friday. The Cleveland Cavaliers are averaging 110.3 points on 47 percent shooting and allowing 111.2 points on 45.1 percent shooting. Donovan Mitchell is averaging 29.2 points and 5.3 assists, while Darius Garland is averaging 18.7 points and 5.7 assists. Caris LeVert is the third double-digit scorer and Evan Mobley is grabbing 10.4 rebounds. The Cleveland Cavaliers are shooting 34.1 percent from beyond the arc and 76.9 percent from the free throw line. The Cleveland Cavaliers are allowing 37.5 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 44.1 rebounds per game.
Cleveland Cavaliers Team Facts
- The Cavaliers have lost each of their last six games against Northwest Division opponents following a win.
- The Cavaliers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games following a win.
- Nine of the Cavaliers' last 10 home games have gone UNDER the total points line.
The Denver Nuggets have had issues on the road so far this season, but they're in light years better shape overall. The Cleveland Cavaliers have been a bit underwhelming up to this point, and now they're without their best player in Donovan Mitchell. The Cavs are 4-8 ATS on the season, and they've lost 3 of their first 5 home games. I'm going to lay the bucket with the champs. The Cavaliers have to be a bit more convincing before backing them in a spot like this.