Washington Wizards (9-43) vs. Dallas Mavericks (30-23)
February 12, 2024 8:30 pm EDT
The Line: Dallas Mavericks -14.5; Over/Under: +247
(Get latest betting odds)
The Washington Wizards travel to the American Airlines Center to battle the Dallas Mavericks on Monday night. Here’s a Wizards vs Mavs Prediction.
The Washington Wizards have been in a major slump as they’ve lost 12 of their last 14 games overall and they will be hoping to put an end to a six-game slide after getting beaten by the 76ers in a 119-113 loss on Saturday. Tyus Jones led the team with 25 and nine assists on nine of 14 shooting, Kyle Kuzma and Deni Avdija each scored 21 points while Bilal Coulibaly chipped in with 13 points off the bench. As a team, the Wizards shot 48 percent from the field and 13 of 35 from the 3-point line as they showed plenty of fight to hang with the 76ers until the third quarter where the 76ers poured in 31 points to build a 15-point lead.
Meanwhile, the Dallas Mavericks have been in decent shape as they’ve won six of their last nine games overall and they will be gunning for a fifth straight victory after blowing past the Thunder in a 146-111 home win on Saturday. Luka Doncic led the team with 32 points, eight rebounds and nine assists, Kyrie Irving added 25 points with eight assists while Daniel Gafford chipped in with 19 points on seven of 11 shooting off the bench. As a team, the Mavericks shot 58 percent from the field and 15 of 38 from the 3-point line as they stormed out of the gates, connecting on their first four 3-point attempts to finish with 47 points in the first quarter, before they ran away with it in the second half where they poured in another 75 points. The Mavs will take on the Spurs after this one.
Dallas Mavericks Team Facts
- The Mavericks have lost each of their last eight games after winning as underdogs.
- The Mavericks have failed to cover the spread in each of their last 11 home games against Eastern Conference opponents that held a losing record.
- Each of the last six games between the Wizards and Mavericks have gone OVER the total points line.
Washington Wizards Team Facts
- The Wizards have lost each of their last 17 road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Wizards have covered the spread in each of their last six road games against Western Conference opponents that held a winning record.
- Eight of the Wizards’ last nine night games have gone UNDER the total points line.
Wizards vs Mavs Prediction
The Wizards are still a little shorthanded with Isaiah Livers still out, while the Mavericks are still missing Dante Exum and Dereck Lively. The Wizards haven’t been able to build any momentum at all this season, they’ve won just two of their past 14 games and they couldn’t keep pace with the struggling 76ers who were also shorthanded. The line is very hefty for this one, but the Mavericks have been on a roll, while the Wizards have continued their downward spiral and I think those trends continue in this one.