Los Angeles Clippers (9-10) vs Denver Nuggets (14-7)
2023-12-06 22:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Los Angeles Clippers -1.5 -- Over/Under: 223.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Denver Nuggets travel to the Crypto.com Arena to battle the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday night. Here’s a Nuggets vs Clippers prediction.
The Denver Nuggets have been in decent form as they were on a four-game win streak before they got stopped in their tracks by the Kings in a 123-117 road loss on Saturday. Nikola Jokic led the way with a triple-double of 36 points with 13 rebounds and 14 assists, Reggie Jackson added 20 points with eight assists while Aaron Gordon chipped in with 17 points, seven rebounds and three assists. As a team, the Nuggets shot 49 percent from the field and just six of 25 from the 3-point line, but they allowed the Kings to break loose with a 39-point second quarter surge which had them trailing the rest of the way.
Denver Nuggets Team Facts
- The Nuggets have won each of their last eight games against the Clippers.
- The Nuggets have covered the spread in seven of their last eight games as underdogs against the Clippers.
- Each of the Nuggets’ last six Wednesday games at Crypto.com Arena have gone UNDER the total points line.
Los Angeles Clippers
Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Clippers have been in decent shape as they’ve won six of their last nine games overall and they will be eager to keep it going after sneaking past the Warriors in a thrilling 113-112 home win on Saturday. Paul George led the team with 25 points, six rebounds and six assists, James Harden added 21 points with nine assists while Kawhi Leonard tallied 20 points with eight rebounds and seven assists. As a team, the Clippers shot 48 percent from the field and 13 of 39 from the 3-point line as they got off to a poor start and fell behind in this one by as many as 22 points before they rallied with 65 points in the second half to snag the win thanks to a clutch game-winner from Paul George with 9.2 seconds remaining.
Los Angeles Clippers Team Facts
- The Clippers have lost each of their last six games against Northwest Division opponents that held a winning record.
- The Clippers have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine games as favorites against Western Conference opponents following a win.
- Six of the Clippers’ last seven home games against Western Conference opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Nuggets vs Clippers prediction
The Nuggets should have Aaron Gordon back in the lineup, but Jamal Murray is still listed as questionable, while the Clippers are still missing Brandon Boston Jr. The Nuggets have been good enough to keep winning despite missing some key players thanks to Jokic who has been a machine, but they’re in for a test against the Clippers who are fresh off a thrilling win over the Warriors. This should be a close one, but with Gordon returning to the lineup, I like the Nuggets to continue their strong form with a road win here.