Detroit Pistons (8-44) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (29-26)
February 13, 2024 10:30 pm EDT
The Line: Los Angeles Lakers -11.5; Over/Under: +237
(Get latest betting odds)
The Los Angeles Lakers play host to the Detroit Pistons at the crypto.com Arena on Tuesday night. Here’s a Lakers vs Pistons Prediction.
The Detroit Pistons have been in a rut as they’ve lost eight of their last 12 games overall, but they were aiming for a third straight win before they fell just short to the Clippers in a 112-106 road loss on Saturday. Jaden Ivey led the team with 23 points on 10 of 21 shooting, Cade Cunningham added 22 points with 10 assists while Simone Fontecchio chipped in with 20 points and nine rebounds off the bench. As a team, the Pistons shot 44 percent from the field and nine of 30 from the 3-point line as they jumped all over the Clippers in the second quarter to lead by as many as 13 points until the fourth quarter where they allowed 36 points to fall short in the end. The Pistons will take on the Suns after this game.
Los Angeles Lakers
Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Lakers have been in great shape as they’ve won four of their last five games overall and they will be eager to stay hot after blowing past the Pelicans in a 139-122 win on Friday. D’Angelo Russell led the team with 30 points and five assists, Austin Reaves added 27 points, Rui Hachimura and LeBron James each scored 21 poitns while Anthony Davis chipped in with 20 points, six rebounds and six assists. As a team, the Lakers shot 55 percent from the field and 14 of 31 from the 3-point line as they hit the ground running and poured in 51 points in the second quarter to build a 20-point lead which was more than enough to hold off the Pelicans in the second half.
Los Angeles Lakers Team Facts
- The Lakers have won 12 of their last 13 games against the Pistons at Crypto.com Arena.
- The Lakers have failed to cover the spread in 18 of their last 20 games as favorites after winning as underdogs.
- Each of the last six games between the Pistons and Lakers have gone OVER the total points line.
Detroit Pistons Team Facts
- The Pistons have lost each of their last 12 games at Crypto.com Arena when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- The Pistons have covered the spread in each of their last eight night games.
- Each of the Pistons’ last five night games at Crypto.com Arena following a road loss have gone OVER the total points line.
Lakers vs Pistons Prediction
The Pistons are still shorthanded with Isaiah Stewart and Evan Fournier both out, while the Lakers are keeping eyes on Anthony Davis and LeBron James who are both questionable. The Pistons have shown signs of life lately to win four of their past 12 games overall which is actually good for them considering how their season has gone so far, but it’s going to be tough to hang with these Lakers who are starting to heat up again. The line is hefty, but the Lakers should be well-rested as they haven’t played since Friday and I think they take care of business at home.