Green Bay Packers (5-6) vs Kansas City Chiefs (8-3)
2023-12-03 20:20:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Green Bay Packers +6.5 -- Over/Under: 42.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Kansas City Chiefs and the Green Bay Packers meet in week 13 NFL action from Lambeau Field on Sunday night football. Make sure to read our Chiefs vs Packers Prediction.
Chiefs Knock Off Raiders
The Kansas City Chiefs come into this one looking to build on their 31-17 win over the Las Vegas Raiders last time out to improve to 8-3 on the year. Patrick Mahomes has thrown for 2,917 yards, 21 touchdowns and 9 interceptions on 68.1% passing while Isiah Pacheco has rushed for 669 yards and 5 touchdowns. Travis Kelce leads KC’s receiving group with 70 receptions for 732 yards and 5 TDs while Rashee Rice has 527 receiving yards with 5 TDs and Justin Watson has 332 receiving yards. Three more Chiefs have 200+ receiving yards while another three have 100+ receiving yards as well on the year. On defense, Drue Tranquill has a team-high 71 total tackles with 3.5 sacks while Chris Jones has a team-high 7.5 sacks and Mike Danna has 5.5 sacks this season.
Kansas City Chiefs Team Facts
- The Chiefs have won 17 of their last 18 games in December.
- The Chiefs have covered the spread in each of their last four games as road favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Chiefs have lost the first quarter in six of their last eight games as moderate favorites (-3.5 to -7.0 points).
- The Chiefs have won the first half in nine of their last 10 games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Chiefs have scored the first touchdown in 11 of their last 12 games as favorites against NFC opponents.
Packers Win Back-To-Back Games
The Green Bay Packers come into this game on the heels of back-to-back wins after a 29-22 win over Detroit in their last matchup, improving to 5-6 on the year. Jordan Love has thrown for 2,599 yards, 19 touchdowns and 10 interceptions on 60.5% passing while AJ Dillon has 448 rushing yards to lead the Pack. Jayden Reed has a team-high 497 receiving yards along with 5 touchdowns while Romeo Doubs has a team-high 41 receptions for 433 yards and 7 touchdowns this season. Christian Watson, Luke Musgrave and Dontayvion Wicks all have 300+ receiving yards as well this season. On defense, Quay Walker has a team-high 79 total tackles while Rashan Gary has a team-high 8.5 sacks and Preston Smith also has 5 sacks this season.
Green Bay Packers Team Facts
- The Packers have won each of their last 15 games in December.
- The Packers have covered the spread in each of their last six games as underdogs following a Division win.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in each of the Packers’ last two Week 13 games.
- The Packers have won the first half in eight of their last nine games at Lambeau Field following a road win.
- The Packers have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four games following a road win.
- The Packers rank 1st in the NFL in kickoff return yards per game this season (51.2).
- The Packers rank 32nd in the NFL in Q2 points per game this season (3.8).
- The Chiefs rank 32nd in the NFL in kickoff return yards per game this season (8.8).
- The Chiefs are the only team in the NFL with 100% success rate on field goals and extra points this season.
I’m leaning towards the Chiefs here. I know how important this game is for Green Bay to not lose any more ground in the NFC North race, but the Chiefs’ defense is the superior unit here and I just don’t know if I can trust Jordan Love to make the plays that I know Patrick Mahomes will when it matters most. Should be a great game, but I have Chiefs 31, Packers 20. Give me Kansas City.