New Orleans Saints (5-6) vs Detroit Lions (8-3)
2023-12-03 13:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: New Orleans Saints +4.5 -- Over/Under: 44.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Detroit Lions look for a win after winning 7 of their last 9 games. The New Orleans Saints need a win here to rebound from back to back losses. Let’s preview this game and give out a Detroit Lions vs New Orleans Saints prediction.
Detroit Lions Betting Preview
The Detroit Lions were upset by the Packers on Thanksgiving and hope to avoid 2 straight losses for the first time. The Lions made a comeback last week to beat the Bears. Jared Goff is completing 67.9 percent of his passes for 3,075 yards, 18 touchdowns and 8 interceptions. Amon-Ra St. Brown and Sam LaPorta have combined for 1,532 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns, while Josh Reynolds has 27 receptions. The Detroit Lions ground game is averaging 136.9 yards per contest, and David Montgomery leads the way with 648 yards and 9 touchdowns. Defensively, Detroit is allowing 23.5 points and 318.8 yards per game. Alex Anzalone leads the Detroit Lions with 87 tackles, Aidan Hutchinson has 5.5 sacks and Jerry Jacobs has 3 interceptions.
Detroit Lions Team Facts
- The Lions have lost seven of their last eight road games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Lions have covered the spread in seven of their last eight games following a home loss.
- The Lions have scored the first touchdown in seven of their last eight games as favorites following a home loss.
- The Lions have won the first half in each of their last nine Sunday games as favorites.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in each of the Lions’ last two games.
New Orleans Saints Betting Preview
The New Orleans Saints are coming off losses to the Vikings and Falcons. Derek Carr is completing 65.6 percent of his passes for 2,535 yards, 10 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Chris Olave and Rashid Shaheed have combined for 1,305 receiving yards and 6 touchdowns, while Michael Thomas has 39 receptions. The New Orleans Saints ground game is averaging 104.4 yards per contest, and Alvin Kamara leads the way with 457 yards and 2 touchdowns. Defensively, New Orleans is allowing 20.2 points and 320.3 yards per game. Demario Davis leads the New Orleans Saints with 79 tackles, Carl Granderson has 5.5 sacks and Paulson Adebo has 4 interceptions.
New Orleans Saints Team Facts
- The Saints have won each of their last 10 games at Caesars Superdome following a Division loss.
- The Saints have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games against NFC opponents.
- The road team has won the first half in each of the Saints’ last four Week 13 games.
- The Saints have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five games as underdogs following a loss.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in three of the last four games between the Lions and Saints.
The Detroit Lions should be eager for a revenge spot after a brutal showing on Thanksgiving, and they’ve had extra time to prepare for this game. The Saints continue to underachieve thanks to an offense that can’t finish drives and a defense that struggles to stop the run. The Saints are also 2-8-1 ATS on the season. Just not a team you should be eager to get behind. The Lions are 7-4 ATS on the year and 4-1 SU on the road. Give me the Lions by a touchdown on the road.