New York Jets (4-7) vs Atlanta Falcons (5-6)
2023-12-03 13:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: New York Jets +3 -- Over/Under: 36.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Atlanta Falcons and the New York Jets meet Sunday in NFL action from MetLife Stadium. The Falcons are coming off a win over the Saints, bringing Atlanta to 5-6 overall this season. As for New York, they posted another ugly loss against the rival Dolphins on Friday, dropping the Jets to just 4-7 on the year. Here’s a Falcons vs Jets Prediction.
The Falcons are having some issues scoring this year, averaging just 19.4 points per game. Atlanta has gotten 201.5 yards per game, 10 TDs and nine interceptions from the pass, alongside 139.3 yards per game and 10 scores rushing. The defense hasn’t been too bad though; Atlanta is giving up 21.1 points per game while surrendering just four run scores.
The Falcons jumped out to a 14-9 halftime lead on the Saints in their latest matchup. Atlanta scored another 10 points in the fourth quarter to cap off a 24-15 win. Desmond Ridder threw for 168 yards, one TD and two interceptions, and Bijan Robinson led the rush with 91 yards and a TD. Drake London was the lead receiver with his five catches for 91 yards.
Atlanta Falcons Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the Falcons’ last six games.
- The Falcons have failed to cover the spread in each of their last eight Week 13 games.
- The Falcons have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five games played on the East Coast.
- The Falcons have lost the first half in each of their last seven games against AFC opponents.
- The Falcons have lost the first quarter in six of their last seven Sunday games against teams that held a losing record.
New York Jets
Over on the Jets’ side, it’s been a rough season (again). New York has scored an abysmal 14.8 points per game with 166.8 yards passing on average, seven scores and 10 interceptions. Rush-wise, New York averages 93.4 yards per game and has just three touchdowns. The defense still isn’t terrible though; they’re giving up 21.6 points per game this year.
New York suffered another ugly loss back on Friday versus Miami. The Jets were drilled 17-6 in the first half in an eventual 34-13 blowout. Tim Boyle threw for 179 yards, one score and two interceptions, while Breece Hall led an anemic rush on 25 yards. Garrett Wilson caught the TD among his seven grabs for 44 yards.
New York Jets Team Facts
- The Jets have lost each of their last nine games against NFC South opponents.
- The Jets have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight games against teams that held a losing record.
- The favorites have won the first half in each of the Jets’ last 11 games.
- The favorites have won the first quarter in each of the Jets’ last 11 games.
- Seven of the Jets’ last eight Sunday games played on the East Coast have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Jets rank 32nd in the NFL in time of possession per game this season (27:31).
- The Jets rank 32nd in the NFL in 3rd down percentage this season (24.1%).
- The Falcons rank 32nd in the NFL in average kickoff return (17.5 yards) this season.
- The Falcons rank 32nd in the NFL in average punt return this season (5.5 yards).
ANDREW’S FREE JETS VS FALCONS PREDICTION
I’m staying with the Falcons. Much of that is due to how horrible the New York offense is, though. The Jets notched just 159 yards (29 rushing) against the Dolphins in their last outing along with 12 first downs and a rough 2.9 yards per play. That makes five straight games with 13 points or fewer and a four-game losing streak for New York. The defense has fallen off lately as well, giving up 27 or more points in three of the last four—you really can’t blame that unit, though. The problems lie mostly with the offense.
As for Atlanta, there’s not a lot to get excited about with them either. That said, the Falcons didn’t play too badly against the Saints with 396 yards (228 rushing) and 25 first downs, stopping a three-game losing streak. It won’t take much for Atlanta to stay in front here, even in a road matchup against a decent defense.