The Buffalo Bills and the Philadelphia Eagles meet Sunday in NFL action from Lincoln Financial Field. Buffalo is 6-5 overall this year. The Bills are coming off a blowout win over the hapless Jets on Sunday. As for the Eagles, they’re fresh off an important matchup versus the Chiefs on Monday. In that one Philadelphia powered out a comeback win. Check out our Bills vs Eagles Prediction.
The Bills have had a wild ride so far this season, but they’re back over .500 in the record column. Buffalo is giving up 17.3 points per game on defense while scoring a respectable 26.7 points themselves. The Bills are getting 254.5 yards per game, 22 scores and 12 interceptions from the pass, alongside 117.7 yards per game and 12 scores rushing.
In their latest matchup on Sunday versus the lowly Jets, the Bills were up 16-6 by halftime. Buffalo outscored New York 16-0 from there in a 32-6 rout. QB Josh Allen threw for 275 yards, three scores and a pick, while James Cook led the rush on 73 yards. Khalil Shakir added 115 yards and a TD on three grabs.
Buffalo Bills Team Facts
- The Bills have won each of their last seven Week 12 games.
- The Bills have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five games as underdogs when playing with a rest advantage.
- The Bills have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six games against NFC East opponents.
- The Bills have won the first quarter in four of their last five Week 12 games as underdogs.
- The Bills have won the first half in each of their last seven November games against NFC opponents.
Over on the Eagles’ side, they managed to win eight of their first nine games this year, thanks to a nice 28.0 points per game average and 21.7 points per game allowed. Philly got 247.1 yards per game, 15 TDs and eight picks via the pass. In the rush game, the Eagles notched 129.7 yards per game and 12 more scores in that time.
In their Monday meeting with Kansas City, the Eagles were down 17-7 at halftime. Philly scored 14 unanswered points in the second half in a comeback victory 21-17, though. Jalen Hurts led the way with 150 points and one interception alongside two rush scores. D’Andre Swift added 76 yards with one TD, while DeVonta Smith put up 99 yards on six receptions.
Philadelphia Eagles Team Facts
- The Eagles have won each of their last 10 games at Lincoln Financial Field against teams that held a winning record.
- The Eagles have failed to cover the spread in five of their last six games following a road win.
- The Eagles have lost the first quarter in each of their last three Week 12 games as favorites.
- The Eagles have won the first half in each of their last 10 games against AFC East opponents.
- The Eagles have scored the first touchdown in eight of their last nine games as favorites against AFC East opponents.
- The Eagles rank 1st in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per game this season (76.5).
- The Eagles rank 1st in the NFL in punt return yards per game this season (27.7).
- The Bills rank T1st in the NFL in fumbles recovered this season (9).
- The Bills rank 32nd in the NFL in total punt yards this season (1343).
ANDREW’S FREE PICK
I’m probably going to stay with Philadelphia. The Eagles bagged a nice comeback win over a good Chiefs team on Monday and really clamped down in the second half. The offensive stats weren’t super-impressive—238 total yards (124 passing), 16 first downs and just 3-of-11 on third-down tries—but it still counts as a W. That makes four straight games with 21 or more points (all victories).
As for Buffalo, they’re coming off a nice win on Sunday, but to be fair it was against a Jets team with the worst offense in the league. Buffalo bagged four takeaways in that one and held New York to just 155 total yards (92 passing) with an inept 0-for-11 rate on third downs. Buffalo hadn’t gotten past 25 points in any of their six games prior to that, so it was a much-needed revenge performance. Needless to say, this weekend’s matchup won’t be anywhere near as easy.