Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-7) vs Carolina Panthers (1-10)
2023-12-03 16:05:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Tampa Bay Buccaneers -5.5 -- Over/Under: 36.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Carolina Panthers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers meet in week 13 NFL action from Raymond James Stadium on Sunday afternoon. You’re welcome to read our Panthers vs Buccaneers Prediction.
Panthers Going Through Change
The Carolina Panthers come into this week looking to take the next step after a shakeup at head coach following Frank Reich’s departure. The Panthers took a 17-10 loss at the hands of the Titans to fall to 1-10 on the year as a result. Bryce Young has thrown for 1,877 yards, 9 touchdowns and 8 interceptions on 61.7% passing while Chuba Hubbard has a team-high 453 rushing yards with a pair of TDs and Miles Sanders has 302 rushing yards. Adam Thielen leads Carolina in receiving with 728 yards and 77 receptions with 4 TDs while another pair of Panthers have 200+ receiving yards and four more Panthers have 100+ receiving yards as well this season. On defense, Frankie Luvu has a team-high 83 total tackles along with 3.5 sacks while Brian Burns has a team-high 6 sacks as well on the year.
Carolina Panthers Team Facts
- The Panthers have lost each of their last nine road games played on the East Coast.
- The Panthers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- The home team has won the first half in each of the Panthers’ last eight Week 13 games.
- The Panthers have scored the first touchdown in six of their last seven games as underdogs in Florida.
- The Panthers have won the first quarter in five of their last six games as underdogs in Florida.
Buccaneers Drop Back-To-Back Games
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers come into this one looking to rebound from back-to-back losses after a 27-20 loss to Indianapolis last time out. Baker Mayfield has thrown for 2,588 yards, 17 touchdowns and 7 interceptions on 64.7% passing while Rachaad White has 559 rushing yards and 4 TDs. Mike Evans leads the Buccaneers in receiving with 54 grabs for 850 yards and 9 touchdowns while Chris Godwin has 606 receiving yards and 53 catches. Two more receivers have 300+ receiving yards as well on the year as well. On defense, Lavonte David has a team-high 90 total tackles while Vita Vea has a team-high 5.5 sacks. Shaquil Barrett and Joe Tryon-Shoyinka each have 4 sacks.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Facts
- The home team has won each of the Buccaneers’ last five games.
- The Buccaneers have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight games before a Division game.
- The Buccaneers have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five Week 13 games.
- The Buccaneers have lost the first quarter in four of their last five Sunday games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Buccaneers have lost the first half in each of their last two games as moderate favorites (-3.5 to -7.0 points).
- The Buccaneers rank 31st in the NFL in rushing yards per game this season (81.3).
- The Buccaneers rank 31st in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game this season (267.8).
- The Panthers rank 32nd in the NFL in forced fumbles this season (2).
- The Panthers rank 32nd in the NFL in fumbles recovered this season (2).
I’m taking the under here. I don’t trust either offense in this game honestly, as there’s a reason the Panthers fired their coach as this is just a bad football team, but on the other side of the coin, Baker Mayfield hasn’t been all that trustworthy either. Not a game I’m necessarily rushing to bet, but I’ll side with the under here in what feels like a 20-14 kind of game.