Tennessee Titans (4-7) vs Indianapolis Colts (6-5)
2023-12-03 13:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Tennessee Titans +2 -- Over/Under: 41.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Indianapolis Colts and the Tennessee Titans meet Sunday in NFL action from Nissan Stadium. The Colts are above .500 again, taking a dramatic win over the Buccaneers in their last outing to improve to 6-5. As for Tennessee, they beat the struggling Panthers on Sunday to improve to 4-7 overall. Here’s a Colts vs Titans Prediction.
The Colts have been quite the middling team on both sides of the ball this year, and it’s reflected in their stats. Indianapolis is averaging 24.5 points per game, and allowing 24.4 points per game on the other side. An average of 220.0 yards per game comes via the pass (with 11 scores and eight picks overall) and 121.4 yards per game through the rush (with 16 touchdowns).
Indianapolis was able to crawl above the .500 mark with a win over Tampa Bay on Sunday. After three quarters with a 20-10 lead, the Colts held on for the 27-20 result. QB Gardner Minshew put up 251 yards with a TD and an interception, but Jonathan Taylor did most of the work on the ground with 91 yards and two scores. Michael Pittman added 10 catches for 107 yards.
Indianapolis Colts Team Facts
- The Colts have lost three of their last four games as favorites against AFC South opponents.
- The Colts have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four games as favorites following a home win.
- The Colts have won the first half in each of their last nine December games as favorites.
- The Colts have won the first quarter in each of their last eight road games in December.
- The Colts have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four games.
Over on the Tennessee side, they’ve been struggling on offense this year but the defense has been generally solid. The Titans average just 16.8 points per game versus 20.4 points allowed. Just nine touchdowns, eight interceptions and 181.3 yards per game come through the air, while 102.7 yards per game and eight scores have been via the rush.
Tennessee was up on the Panthers 17-3 by halftime in their latest matchup. The Titans weren’t able to score again, but the defense helped hang on for the 17-10 win. Will Levis posted 185 yards with three catches going to DeAndre Hopkins for 49 yards. Derrick Henry led the rush with 76 yards and two touchdowns on 18 carries.
Tennessee Titans Team Facts
- The Titans have won each of their last three games as underdogs against the Colts.
- The Titans have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven December games as underdogs against AFC South opponents.
- The Titans have lost the first half in each of their last four Week 13 games.
- The Titans have won the first quarter in three of their last four games as underdogs against the Colts.
- The Titans have scored the first touchdown in eight of their last nine home games against AFC South opponents.
- The Titans rank 32nd in the NFL in interceptions this season (3).
- The Titans rank 1st in the NFL in average yards per punt this season (52.9).
- The Colts have recorded two consecutive games with 5+ Sacks – longest streak in the league.
- The Colts rank T4th in the NFL in interceptions this season (12).
ANDREW’S FREE TITANS VS COLTS PREDICTION
I’ll lean toward Indianapolis in this matchup. The Colts managed 394 yards of offense (239 passing) and 26 first downs in their win over the Buccaneers, however they were pretty ugly on third-down tries with a 2-of-11 rate. The good news is that Indianapolis has won three straight games; they’ve also scored 27 or more points in four of their last five outings in a great sign for the offense.
As for the Titans, they put up a tepid 264 yards (184 passing) with just 15 first downs and a 2-of-11 rate on third downs in their win over the hapless Panthers. That makes four straight games with 17 or fewer points scored, which probably isn’t going to get it done on Sunday. I like Indianapolis to post a decent-enough offensive showing in a close road cover/win here.