Montreal Canadiens (10-10-2) vs Florida Panthers (13-7-2)
2023-11-30 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Montreal Canadiens +150 / Florida Panthers -189 --- Over/Under: 6.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Florida Panthers need a win after losing 3 of their last 4 games. The Montreal Canadiens look for a win after winning 3 of their last 4 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Florida Panthers vs Montreal Canadiens prediction.
Florida Panthers Betting Preview
The Florida Panthers are coming off recent losses to the Maple Leafs, Jets, and Bruins. The Florida Panthers are averaging 2.91 goals per game and are scoring on 17.6 percent of their power play opportunities. Sam Reinhart leads Florida with 15 goals, Matthew Tkachuk has 15 assists and Carter Verhaeghe has 72 shots on goal. Defensively, the Florida Panthers are allowing 2.55 goals per game and are killing 81.1 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Sergei Bobrovsky has allowed 42 goals on 468 shots faced, while Anthony Stolarz has given up 10 goals on 141 shots.
Florida Panthers Team Facts
- The Panthers have lost each of their last five games as favorites following a shootout win.
- The Panthers have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last 12 games as favorites after coming off a shootout.
- The Panthers have lost the second period in each of their last five games following a shootout win.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 3′ market has hit in each of the Panthers’ last 11 games following a shootout win.
Montreal Canadiens Betting Preview
The Montreal Canadiens beat the Blue Jackets last night to add to recent wins over the Sharks and Ducks. The Montreal Canadiens are averaging 2.77 goals per game and are scoring on 18 percent of their power play opportunities. Cole Caufield leads Montreal with 7 goals, Nick Suzuki has 12 assists and Mike Matheson has 57 shots on goal. Defensively, the Montreal Canadiens are allowing 3.41 goals per game and are killing 73.8 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Jake Allen has given up 30 goals on 310 shots faced, and Sam Montembeault has allowed 27 goals on 301 shots.
Montreal Canadiens Team Facts
- The Canadiens have lost seven of their last eight games on the second leg of a back-to-back.
- The favorites have covered the puck line in each of the last four games between the Panthers and Canadiens.
- The Canadiens have won the third period in each of their last six games against the Panthers following a road win.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 3′ market has hit in each of the Canadiens’ last 10 games as underdogs against Eastern Conference opponents.
Florida Panthers vs Montreal Canadiens Prediction
The Montreal Canadiens have had issues stringing wins together, so after playing last night, I’m kind of down on them. The Panthers have run into a recent funk, but before that they were one of the hotter teams in the league. The Panthers are the better, more talented team here, and I don’t expect them to stay in this spot for long. Give me the Panthers for a bounce back victory.