Arizona Coyotes (12-9-2) vs Washington Capitals (12-7-2)
2023-12-04 21:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Arizona Coyotes +109 / Washington Capitals -135 --- Over/Under: 6
(Get latest betting odds)
The Washington Capitals look for a win after splitting their last 6 games. The Arizona Coyotes are riding a 4-game winning streak. Let’s preview this game and give out a Washington Capitals vs Arizona Coyotes prediction.
Washington Capitals Betting Preview
The Washington Capitals responded from wins over the Kings and Ducks to a blowout loss to the Golden Knights. The Washington Capitals are averaging 2.38 goals per game and are scoring on 8.3 percent of their power play opportunities. Dylan Strome leads Washington with 8 goals, John Carlson has 13 assists and Alex Ovechkin has 78 shots on goal. Defensively, the Washington Capitals are allowing 2.81 goals per game and are killing 80.6 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Darcy Kuemper has given up 37 goals on 349 shots faced, and Charlie Lindgren has allowed 16 goals on 241 shots.
Washington Capitals Team Facts
- The Capitals have lost seven of their last eight games following a road loss.
- The Capitals have failed to cover the puck line in six of their last seven games.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in four of the Capitals’ last five games against opponents on a winning streak.
- The Capitals have won the third period in four of their last five night games against Central Division opponents.
Arizona Coyotes Betting Preview
The Arizona Coyotes have beaten the Golden Knights, Avalanche, Lightning, and Blues during this winning streak. The Arizona Coyotes are averaging 3.22 goals per game and are scoring on 25.6 percent of their power play opportunities. Michael Carcone leads Arizona with 11 goals, Clayton Keller has 13 assists and Lawson Crouse has 52 shots on goal. Defensively, the Arizona Coyotes are allowing 2.96 goals per game and are killing 80.3 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Karel Vejmelka has given up 35 goals on 323 shots faced, and Connor Ingram has allowed 31 goals on 417 shots.
Arizona Coyotes Team Facts
- The underdogs have won four of the Coyotes’ last five games.
- The Coyotes have covered the puck line in seven of their last eight night games at Mullett Arena following a win.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in each of the Coyotes’ last five games as home favorites.
- The Coyotes have lost the second period in each of their last five home games against Metropolitan Division opponents.
Washington Capitals vs Arizona Coyotes Prediction
The Washington Capitals are the more talented team on paper, so they probably should be favored here. The road team has also won 6 of the last 8 meetings between the Capitals and Coyotes. With that said, the Coyotes have won 4 straight games and are getting the more favorable price at home. That has to count for something. Yes, the Capitals are a top-3 moneymaker for bettors right now, but the Coyote’s recent stretch has put them in the green for the season as well. Give me the plus money.