Philadelphia Flyers (12-10-2) vs Pittsburgh Penguins (11-10-2)
2023-12-04 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Philadelphia Flyers +125 / Pittsburgh Penguins -154 --- Over/Under: 6.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Pittsburgh Penguins need a win after losing 6 of their last 9 games. The Philadelphia Flyers also need a win after losing 4 of their last 6 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Pittsburgh Penguins vs Philadelphia Flyers prediction.
Pittsburgh Penguins Betting Preview
The Pittsburgh Penguins lost to the Flyers and Predators while beating the Lightning last week. The Pittsburgh Penguins are averaging 3.13 goals per game and are scoring on 10.9 percent of their power play opportunities. Sidney Crosby leads Pittsburgh with 14 goals, Jake Guentzel has 18 assists, and Bryan Rust has 68 shots on goal. Defensively, the Pittsburgh Penguins are allowing 2.61 goals per game and are killing 84.7 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Tristan Jarry has allowed 42 goals on 513 shots faced, and Alex Nedelijkovic has given up 9 goals on 142 shots.
Pittsburgh Penguins Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the Penguins’ last seven games.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in each of the Penguins’ last seven games.
- The Penguins have won the second period in each of their last four games against the Flyers after coming off overtime.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 2′ market has hit in each of the Penguins’ last 14 games following a shootout win.
Philadelphia Flyers Betting Preview
The Philadelphia Flyers just beat the Penguins to rebound from losses to the Hurricanes and Devils. The Philadelphia Flyers are averaging 2.92 goals per game and are scoring on 12.4 percent of their power play opportunities. Travis Konecny leads Philadelphia with 12 goals, Travis Sanheim has 14 assists and Owen Tippett has 82 shots on goal. Defensively, the Philadelphia Flyers are allowing 2.88 goals per game and are killing 84.8 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Carter Hart has allowed 35 goals on 384 shots faced, and Samuel Ersson has given up 25 goals on 217 shots.
Philadelphia Flyers Team Facts
- The road team has won each of the Flyers’ last five games.
- The Flyers have failed to cover the puck line in each of their last six night games after coming off a shootout.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in eight of the Flyers’ last nine home games against Eastern Conference opponents.
- The Flyers have lost the first period in each of their last five night games following a shootout win.
Pittsburgh Penguins vs Philadelphia Flyers Prediction
The Philadelphia Flyers just beat the Penguins on Saturday on the road and now get them at home, so there’s a look at the plus money. However, it’s still safe to say that the Pittsburgh Penguins are the better team overall, and they had their chances to win the last meeting that went into a shootout. The Penguins have won 3 of the last 4 meetings against the Flyers. I like the road team to win for the third time in the last five meetings.