Vegas Golden Knights (16-5-4) vs St. Louis Blues (12-10-1)
2023-12-04 22:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Vegas Golden Knights -156 / St. Louis Blues +126 --- Over/Under: 6
(Get latest betting odds)
The St. Louis Blues look for a win after splitting their last 10 games. The Vegas Golden Knights need a win after losing 5 of their last 8 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a St. Louis Blues vs Vegas Golden Knights prediction.
St. Louis Blues Betting Preview
The St. Louis Blues lost to the Wild and Coyotes while beating the Sabres last week. The St. Louis Blues are averaging 2.91 goals per game and are scoring on 10 percent of their power play opportunities. Jake Neighbours leads St. Louis with 9 goals, Robert Thomas has 15 assists, and Jordan Kyrou has 78 shots on goal. Defensively, the St. Louis Blues are allowing 3.13 goals per game and are killing 79.3 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Jordan Binnington has allowed 47 goals on 522 shots faced, and Joel Hofer has given up 22 goals on 222 shots.
St. Louis Blues Team Facts
- The Blues have lost five of their last six games against opponents on a winning streak.
- The favorites have covered the puck line in seven of the Blues’ last eight games.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in each of the Blues’ last eight games.
- The Blues have won the second period in each of their last six games at T-Mobile Arena.
Vegas Golden Knights Betting Preview
The Vegas Golden Knights are coming off nice wins over the Canucks and Capitals. The Vegas Golden Knights are averaging 3.16 goals per game and are scoring on 22.8 percent of their power play opportunities. William Karlsson leads Vegas with 11 goals, Jack Eichel has 17 assists and Jonathan Marchessault has 77 shots on goal. Defensively, the Vegas Golden Knights are allowing 2.46 goals per game and are killing 89 percent of their opponent’s power plays. Logan Thompson has given up 27 goals on 330 shots faced, and Adin Hill has allowed 26 goals on 403 shots.
Vegas Golden Knights Team Facts
- The Golden Knights have won 14 of their last 15 night games at T-Mobile Arena following a win.
- The Golden Knights have covered the puck line in each of their last seven night games at T-Mobile Arena following a home win.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 3′ market has hit in each of the Golden Knights’ last eight home games against Western Conference opponents.
- The underdogs have won the second period in each of the last six games between the Blues and Golden Knights at T-Mobile Arena.
St. Louis Blues vs Vegas Golden Knights Prediction
The St. Louis Blues continue to have issues with consistency and their defense can be hit or miss as well, which is a concern on the road. The Vegas Golden Knights finished the week strong with wins over the Canucks and Capitals, and they usually play their best hockey on their home ice. Vegas has won 5 of the last 8 meetings against the Blues, and they typically have a field day offensively in those meetings. I’ll lay the reasonable price with the Golden Knights on their home ice.