Winnipeg Jets (13-8-2) vs Carolina Hurricanes (14-8-1)
2023-12-04 19:30:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Winnipeg Jets +115 / Carolina Hurricanes -143 --- Over/Under: 6.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Carolina Hurricanes and the Winnipeg Jets meet in NHL action from the Canada Life Centre on Monday night. Two Teams in decent form, who comes out on top here? Let’s dive in and give out a free Hurricanes vs. Jets Prediction.
Carolina Hurricanes Team Preview
The Carolina Hurricanes come into this one looking to build on their 6-2 win over Buffalo last time out. Sebastian Aho leads the Hurricanes in scoring with 22 points including 8 goals and a team-high 14 assists while Seth Jarvis has 19 points split between 9 goals and 10 assists. Teuvo Teravainen has 18 points with a team-high 11 goals and Martin Necas has 17 points with 6 goals and 11 assists. In goal, Frederik Andersen has gone 4-1 with a 2.87 GAA and an .894 save percentage while Antti Raanta is 6-3 with a 3.47 GAA and an .854 save percentage and Pyotr Kochetkov is 4-4-1 with a 2.83 GAA and an .881 save percentage.
Carolina Hurricanes Team Facts
- The Hurricanes have lost four of their last six games as favorites following a win.
- The Hurricanes have covered the puck line in five of their last six games against the Jets.
- The Hurricanes have won the third period in four of their last five games against the Jets.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 3′ market has hit in each of the Hurricanes’ last seven games.
Winnipeg Jets Team Preview
The Winnipeg Jets come into this one looking to build on their 3-1 win over the Chicago Blackhawks in their last matchup. Mark Scheifele has a team-high 25 points with 8 goals and 17 assists while Kyle Connor has 24 points with a team-high 14 goals and 10 assists. Josh Morrissey has 20 points with 16 assists of his own while Cole Perfetti also has 19 points with 9 goals and 10 assists. Connor Hellebuyck has gone 11-6-1 with a 2.49 GAA and an .912 save percentage in goal for Winnipeg while Laurent Brossoit is 2-2-1 with a 2.97 GAA and an .877 save percentage this season. Winnipeg is 6th in the Western Conference with 28 points, three behind Dallas and two more than Arizona.
Winnipeg Jets Team Facts
- The favorites have won each of the Jets’ last 11 games at Canada Life Centre.
- The Jets have covered the puck line in each of their last six games as underdogs following a home win.
- The favorites have won the third period in each of the Jets’ last four games at Canada Life Centre.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in four of the Jets’ last five games as underdogs against Metropolitan Division opponents.
- The Winnipeg Jets ranks T26th in the league in penalty kill percentage this season (73.91%).
- The Winnipeg Jets ranks 4th in the league for shots against per game this season (27.8).
- The Carolina Hurricanes ranks 7th in the league for goals per game this season (3.48).
- The Carolina Hurricanes ranks 1st in the league for shots per game this season (34.2).
Hurricanes vs. Jets Prediction
I’m backing the under here. A lot of Winnipeg’s recent games have seen the Jets score 3 goals or less, and frankly the goaltending on both sides has actually been decent as of late. I think this one ends up being quite the battle, so I’ll back the under in what I feel is a 3-2 kind of game whichever way it ends up going.