Tampa Bay Lightning (10-10-5) vs Dallas Stars (14-5-3)
2023-12-04 19:00:00 EDT
The Line: Betting Odds: Tampa Bay Lightning -128 / Dallas Stars +103 --- Over/Under: 6.5
(Get latest betting odds)
The Dallas Stars and the Tampa Bay Lightning meet in NHL action from the Amalie Arena on Monday night. Can the Lightning get revenge after being blown out by the Stars a couple of nights ago? Let’s dive in and find out with our Stars vs. Lightning Prediction.
Dallas Stars Team Preview
The Dallas Stars come into this one looking to build on their 8-1 win over the Lightning in their last matchup. Joe Pavelski leads the Stars in scoring with 24 points including a team-high 11 goals and 13 assists while Roope Hintz has 20 points with 8 goals and 12 assists. Jason Robertson has 22 points with a team-high 14 assists while Wyatt Johnson, Tyler Seguin, Matt Duchene and Jamie Benn each have 17 points on the year. Jake Oettinger has posted an 10-4-2 record in goal for Dallas with a 2.43 GAA and a .920 save percentage while Scott Wedgewood is 4-1-1 with a 3.17 GAA and a .911 save percentage. The Stars have 31 points and are 5th in the Western Conference with five points less than the top-placed Vegas Golden Knights.
Dallas Stars Team Facts
- The Stars have lost each of their last three games as favorites following a win.
- The Stars have failed to cover the puck line in eight of their last nine games as favorites following a win.
- The Stars have won the second period in three of their last four games as favorites following a home win.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1′ market has hit in each of the Stars’ last six games as favorites against the Lightning.
Tampa Bay Lightning Team Preview
The Tampa Bay Lightning come into this one looking to bounce back from that beatdown loss to Dallas which was Tampa Bay’s 4th straight loss. Nikita Kucherov leads the Lightning in scoring with 40 points including a team-high 15 goals and 25 assists while Brayden Point has 12 goals and 18 assists for his 30 points. Victor Hedman’s added 25 points with 20 assists while Steven Stamkos has 24 points with 14 assists and Brandon Hagel has 23 points split between 10 goals and 13 assists. Jonas Johansson has gone 8-5-5 with a 3.44 GAA and an .892 save percentage while Andrei Vasilevskiy is 1-3 with a 3.87 GAA and an .859 save percentage this season. The Lightning are 10th in the Eastern Conference with 25 points, a point behind the Washington Capitals and New York Islanders.
Tampa Bay Lightning Team Facts
- The underdogs have won three of the Lightning’s last four games at Amalie Arena.
- The underdogs have covered the puck line in each of the Lightning’s last four games at Amalie Arena.
- The Lightning have lost the first period in each of their last seven games against Central Division opponents.
- The ‘Over 1.5 Goals Period 1’ market has hit in seven of the Lightning’s last eight home games.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning ranks 2nd in the league in power play percentage this season (31.76%).
- The Tampa Bay Lightning ranks 30th in the league for goals against per game this season (3.72).
- The Dallas Stars ranks 3rd in the league in penalty kill percentage this season (88.46%).
- The Dallas Stars are one of five teams to rank in the top 10 for both goals scored and goals conceded per game this season.
Stars vs. Lightning Prediction
I’m sticking with the Stars here. I just can’t get there with the Lightning as the Bolts continue to run hot and cold, and right now they’re cold as ice with 4 straight losses and scoring 5 goals combined in those four defeats and that loss came in Dallas, where the Stars have been less effective this season, being a lot better on the road on the year and I don’t see Dallas’ form slowing down here. Give me the Stars at the cheap price.